Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart to close 154 stores in US

I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart since it's the nearest grocery store.   I always go around 8am to get an electric cart since I have mobility issues.   Everyone is always kind and helpful,  so I enjoy shopping there.   You can't beat the prices... my favorite Campbell's Chunky Soup is 53¢ more a can at the second closest store,  Albertson's. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I am sorry to hear about the Walmart stores closing and hope that the Walmart employees do not lose their jobs.   From reading the article,  sounds like Walmart is restructuring, trying to determine what type of stores they should operate and which locations.   I live in Virginia,  tonight on the local news they were talking about Washington DC,  Walmart was suppose to build two new stores in DC but now Walmart won't be building the stores.   The DC government is not too happy,  as they have spent alot of money for landing and clearing the land to build the stores.   

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I do most of my grocery shopping at Walmart since it's the nearest grocery store.   I always go around 8am to get an electric cart since I have mobility issues.   Everyone is always kind and helpful,  so I enjoy shopping there.   You can't beat the prices... my favorite Campbell's Chunky Soup is 53¢ more a can at the second closest store,  Albertson's. 

i lately  have been using the scooters too as i now have increasingly pesky mobility issues. i wish they would upgrade the scooters and also not allow sales associates to use them.    i need to stand up repeatedly to get the darn things moving. half the time the batteries are dead.  Target has nicer scooters

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went to a Walmart ONCE 20 years ago....it was such an awful atmosphere and experience, ( the people, the filth). I never went back again.   I would not miss them at all if they went out of business. 

Ditto. I also went ONCE a while back. Trashy store and the people are a LOL!

Respected Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I went to a Walmart ONCE 20 years ago....it was such an awful atmosphere and experience, ( the people, the filth). I never went back again.   I would not miss them at all if they went out of business. 

ITA

Respected Contributor

The Walmart stores out here are clean and run efficiently.  I especially appreciate the full service automotive department where I have purchased my battery and tires.  Always a good warranty included that they fully explain and most of all, I trust them.  Sad that there will be closures as they are usually an anchor store in a shopping center that other stores depend on for their patronage.  There will be a domino effect and that is not good. 

Valued Contributor

I have never shopped at Walmart and never will. I don't like their business practices and won't patronize them. 

Honored Contributor

I live just outside of Seattle and I know there must be a Walmart up here somewhere  -  I just don't know where. 

Esteemed Contributor

Their stock has fallen 30% in the last year.

Some speculate this move is in response to having to pay their retail employees a few cents more.

Their average Superstore in the US is 178,000 sq ft and their customers no longer have discretionary $ to spend.

I haven't shopped at a WM in years.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Yes, that makes you two experts, no doubt about that.  I, on the other hand, go every week and have seen no filth and just normal people asking if they can help.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment