Honored Contributor

Walmart's two day free shipping....really?

I decided to try the Walmart free two day shipping. I got online and ordered about 14 things. Mostly health and beauty and cleaning type products. All prices were as good as I get anywhere else, and a whole lot of stuff I don't have to run through the store for, and haul home. 

They say if you order before 2 pm you will get two day shipping. I ordered late Monday night, which put me in for the 2pm deadline for Tuesday. I got an email conformation of my order stating it would be here by Thursday. Great!

Then I got a shipping email on Wednesday, and only TWO of the items have shipped! 

OK, nothing is critical, the shipping is still free, but they better get it together and not promise two day shipping if they can't do it. 

The day isn't over, and I'll see what shows up before the end of the day, but so far this doesn't look to be as good as promised.

Anyone else use their free two day shipping yet, and what was your experience?

We are rural, and don't know if it would be better if you live in a larger city.

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart's two day free shipping....really?

[ Edited ]

I don't care for ordering online.   I have very poor USPS delivery, can't stand the stress of when it will arrive and where will they leave it.   Now something I would do is order to be picked up at the store.   I'm covered up in Walmart's so it really wouldn't be a problem, except they've messed up a pick up order for me about a year ago.    Lost it.   Then I had to go through the ordeal of getting the refund.

I  know this doesn't answer your question.    Hope it works out for you.

@Mominohio

Honored Contributor

A couple years ago we needed a new chest freezer, it was on it's way out and wanted to replace it before it completely died.  Walmart was the only place that had one that would fit in the space.

We had to order it online and regular shipping would have had it here in say 3 days, free shipping would have been 5 days, which is what we went with. It was here in 3.

Esteemed Contributor

I just looked at Walmart's website, and only certain items qualify for the free two day ship.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a calendar and it took several days to ship.  I did not complain as I didn't realize there was a promise of two day shipping.  I did, however, complain that it never arrived.  I called customer service, cancelled the order, and reordered the calendar.  The customer service rep put in a complaint and the following day I received an e-gift card for $5. 

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine the OP expected all 14 of her items would ship 2-day shipping? Yeah they supposedly qualified but 14 items?? Thats an awfully huge order to be cross about them not honoring their 2 day shipping promise. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Be prepared for badly packaged items and possible damages. Especially larger items. They don't have it down yet totally to be consistently two day.

They need to get it together if they want this to be successful.

Enjoy your goodies.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried it twice and it will be a long time, if ever, before there is a third.  As mentioned packaging is poor and packing is even worse--over-sized, flimsy boxes, too much weight, too much/little filler to prevent movement.

The first order contained two jugs of cat litter.  One jug was placed in a box with other items.  The second jug arrived a day later with nothing more than a shipping label attached.

Last order also contained two jugs of cat litter.  Only one was received.  In place of the second jug were five 6-packs of single serve bottles of juice.  No response when reported so instead of the $8 cat litter I am keeping the $20 in juice.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I just looked at Walmart's website, and only certain items qualify for the free two day ship.

Yes, that is true, and everything I ordered was listed as available for the free two day shipping.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I can't imagine the OP expected all 14 of her items would ship 2-day shipping? Yeah they supposedly qualified but 14 items?? Thats an awfully huge order to be cross about them not honoring their 2 day shipping promise. Woman Surprised

You are kidding, right? If they say they ship for free, and you get it in two days, wouldn't it make sense that it would be easier to get to one single address, 14 items, than two items to seven different addresses?

Quantity should not matter on this (unless it was hundreds of items, then maybe they should have an issue there). Especially a small order of 14 items. 

This program was in response/competition to Amazon prime pantry as I understood it. Who orders food or household items one or two at a time? If you are placing an order, most people will be making the order count, and ordering a number of things. I thought fourteen items was a rather small order.

If this is the way people are going to restock their pantry and household supplies, I can't imagine people ordering just a couple of things at a time. There is a minimum $35 order to get that free shipping in two days, so ordering household goods to fill that minimum amount is going to be more than a couple of things per order.

I'm wondering if they were really ready to roll out this promotion, or if it will simply fail because they can't/don't follow through with what they are offering.