Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart's prepping for Black Friday

@ECBG wrote:

When I worked at Belk, Christmas tree boxes were stacked in the back hallways at this time.

@ECBG 

Yep your right, Home Depot here in 

Texas usually puts out their artifical Christmas trees and decor out in October.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Per TV business news shows---

Target and Walmart will roll out their holiday deals even earlier than normal — the first week in October — in an attempt to draw in more cautious and cash-strapped consumers.

On Thursday, Target announced that its “deal days” would begin Oct. 6., while Walmart put an Oct. 1 start date on its holiday deals.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I noticed a long line of shipping containers behind my local super center too but have no way of knowing what's in them.  There seem to be some back there all the time now.  I see them when I do grocery pick up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having had a plague of rats this summer  (now firmly in hand, as I hired an expert quick-release trapper and an ingenious problem solver}, I have to replace my dishwasher (rats chew), but will wait til Black Friday and see if there are good buys.  Hoping to get a deal, as dishwashers these days don't seem to do too well (mine was a piece of junk even before the rats). 

I don't mind washing dishes, but will replace b/c there is now a huge hole in my counter where it was removed. 

I will wait a while before replacing, as Willie the rat genius has warned me that in his experience, rats prefer the space behind dishwashers (and under them) as secure hideouts, He has advised that I wait til I see if wire mesh has shut them out. 

I've always wanted a sewing and crafting space--maybe I can just shove in a Singer into the cavity so it isn't looking so empty.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son was working x mas season ar Walmart one year. He put big screen tv's in people's cars. They were stocked in  the garden center. You bought it got a number with the receipt and drove to the garden center area in a pick up line for Black Friday.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I was driving by the WM near me yesterday and noticed at least 50 huge containers all over one side of the parking lot and by the side of the store; am sure they are full of Christmas and other holiday merchandise. No idea how they could possibly fit it all inside the store. 

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

I was driving by the WM near me yesterday and noticed at least 50 huge containers all over one side of the parking lot and by the side of the store; am sure they are full of Christmas and other holiday merchandise. No idea how they could possibly fit it all inside the store. 

Mine's not up to fifty yet, at least not out in front, but every time I go by there are more containers appearing. I don't think inadequate stock will be an issue this year. They'll have it all, they may not know where any of it is, but they'll have it. It'll be an interesting shopping season this year. Bigger items like big HDTVs, furniture, Christmas trees, etc. they may just leave in the shipping containers and distribute them from there.

I've never seen them do this on this scale before. It's going to be interesting to see what comes from it.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't do Black Friday so I don't care.

???????? Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"
Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Per TV business news shows---

Target and Walmart will roll out their holiday deals even earlier than normal — the first week in October — in an attempt to draw in more cautious and cash-strapped consumers.

On Thursday, Target announced that its “deal days” would begin Oct. 6., while Walmart put an Oct. 1 start date on its holiday deals.

Thanks @Spurt !