Respected Contributor

Re: Walmart grocery delivery

I have used WM home delivery for months. The store near me is very clean. I mark the items that I don't want to be substituted. If substitutions are made, they are satisfactory, and even if upgraded or a larger size, the price is not changed from the item originally ordered. The app is super easy to use, and after your first order you build up an automatic favorites list, which speeds up the ordering process. The search feature is also good. I pay the monthly fee for unlimited deliveries, and it's well worth it. I find I save money because I am not tempted to throw extras in the cart. The only negative is that it all comes in plastic bags.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Walmart does not have a delivery service.  Haven't had one for a long time.  Just the pick up service. Even then, some of the food is for inside the store only.   The store is not that clean too.  I rarely went there. Amazon Fresh is still  jammed up. Impossible to get a slot in my area. So I joined Instacart.  I joined Instacart Express too. Put my list together the night before and order early in the morning.  I have the  food delivered before noon.  Can't beat the convenience. I do this weekly now. 

-------

You must mean Walmart doesn't have delivery, in your area? 

They certainly have delivery service in my area.  Pretty easy, now, to get a time, and I've been very pleased with them! 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Walmart does not have a delivery service.  Haven't had one for a long time.  Just the pick up service. Even then, some of the food is for inside the store only.   The store is not that clean too.  I rarely went there. Amazon Fresh is still  jammed up. Impossible to get a slot in my area. So I joined Instacart.  I joined Instacart Express too. Put my list together the night before and order early in the morning.  I have the  food delivered before noon.  Can't beat the convenience. I do this weekly now. 

@songbird    Walmart DOES HAVE A DELIVERY SERVICE!   If you have the funds to pay exoribent fees and tips, plus in my state pay a non-existent sales tax of 8% on food plus don't mind being cheated (check the archives here for reports), well then enjoy your Instacart experience.  My store is just as clean as any other grocery store.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird, You might want to check other Walmarts in the area. We have a couple that do not deliver but most do. I think all here offer pick up. I am getting delivery because I am immune suppressed due to meds and my MD does not want me out at all. I raise my garage door and they transfer the food to my SUV. When they are gone I back out turn around and then back in right to my kitchen door and there is a pantry in my garage where my freezer is.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried a few delivery resources so far, some are affiliated with a particular store and some are just generic delivery services. I've not tried pick up, but think I might. Of those I've tried, unless things change, I'm not planning to go back to the Instacart well... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have been using Kroger pickup because they are not charging the normal pickup fee now. Quick and easy to order online but hate when so much of what I need is out of stock. It does seem that shortages and hard to find items are slowly becoming available,
Honored Contributor

I don’t order produce when I do pickup. You don’t know who is shopping your cart, and high school boys have no idea how to read freshness dates or pick out bananas that are in decent condition.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As much as I don't like WalMart, I started having some of my groceries delivered by them.  I don't buy their produce or meat but the other products are a lot cheaper and that's important now that I'm retired on a fixed income.  

I just signed up for their delivery program and get unlimited deliveries. It's $12.95 per month instead of $9.95 per delivery.  Even two deliveries a month is cheaper than paying each time.  I can cancel if I want or if it doesn't work out longterm for me.  

The only thing I don't like are the constant reminders about tipping my delivery driver.  I tip in cash at the time of delivery.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

As much as I don't like WalMart, I started having some of my groceries delivered by them.  I don't buy their produce or meat but the other products are a lot cheaper and that's important now that I'm retired on a fixed income.  

I just signed up for their delivery program and get unlimited deliveries. It's $12.95 per month instead of $9.95 per delivery.  Even two deliveries a month is cheaper than paying each time.  I can cancel if I want or if it doesn't work out longterm for me.  

The only thing I don't like are the constant reminders about tipping my delivery driver.  I tip in cash at the time of delivery.

@CalminHeart, I always tip at the time of delivery. When you get the never ending pop-ups about tipping the driver, click on "custom" and you will get a 0 option. Click that and the pop-up reminders will stop.

Trusted Contributor

I tried to schedule a grocery delivery but found it hard to find available times so I gave up.  Even grocery pick up has become difficult to schedule.  Although both services were free, it was just easier to pick out my own groceries especially considering that I have a hard time trusting others to pick out produce for me.