Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart Website Irregularity

@tiny 2,

Yea! I'm so glad those are the onesSmiley Happy!

and reading further I am so sorry about the loss of your husband.My mother had something similar. It is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@tiny 2,

Yea! I'm so glad those are the onesSmiley Happy!

and reading further I am so sorry about the loss of your husband.My mother had something similar. It is heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

@on the bay, Thank you! I'm not sure I will ever be the same. I miss him so much. I just keep going and try to do something productive with my time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@tiny 2,

I'm so glad you posted about this. And so weird you mentioned lightbulbs because I have had the same problem! I finally got ones from Walmart that are GE and I had searched for incandescent but they are LED. Who knew that some lightbulbs didn't fit. The previous ones I got from Sylvana I think didn't fit and I couldn't use them in my touch lamps. 

These are the ones that finally workedGE LED Light Bulbs, 8.5 Watt (60 Watt Equivalent) Soft White, Medium Base (4 Pack)

(from Walmart delivery about $10).

Good luck in your search and thanks again for posting about this!

@on the bay 

That might not carry incandescents any more because of this coming soon

Most incandescent and halogen products will be phased out by August 1, 2023. The Department of Energy issued a new ruling in May 2022 that requires lighting products to meet new standards.Jul 11, 2022

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

I just went on to the Walmart website to add some items to a grocery list. My account came up with someone else's name on it.

I signed out and signed back in and my name reappeared, but this has never happened to me on any website.

I called my credit card and they put me on an early warning monitoring program.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sounds like they are having a major glitch or they have been hacked.

I can no longer check out as a "guest" so I have stopped shopping at Walmart.  I don't want to create an account.  I was using their check out as guest (spending $35.00) + to get free shipping but I'm tired of every company I go to having my personal business in their databases.  They do take paypal which is good, but I have to create an account to shop now.  I'm done.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 

It was said that this weekend was the high peak here.  The little yellow or brown leaves that line the road sides were this week.  

Out in the mountains where seeds from birds plan the landscape there are a few brilliant colors here and there.  The parkway where I can commute was very green several days ago.

Let me know` when you are coming and I will show` you what you wish to see.  

If you time is two weeks off, I can take off the day.  I think you would love to see the Folk Art Center with all of the beauty brought forward from the 1800's.

@ECBG, Hi I am very familiar with the Folk Art Center and the event in Asheville. I have a love of the turned wood pieces and certain pottery pieces. I am particularly fond of Louis and Christine Colombarini pieces. I favor Christine's strawfired pieces.CCCgalstraw11.jpg  We used to always plan a few days in Asheville before continuing.  I am having company up at my house so I may not make it this trip. In fact they are going to arrive before me. I have to come back here for my IV infusion and my cat has an appointment in early Nov. After that I hope to return to the mountain house for awhile.We should be able to get together then.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Spurt.

I thought, remember when a few years ago we had to buy a lot of incandescent bulbs if we wanted because they were gettg rid of them but then they were ok again and now-well I didn't know so I'm glad you said so I won't spend hours looking for incandescents (and Goldens on QVC videos!😅)

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

Thanks @Spurt.

I thought, remember when a few years ago we had to buy a lot of incandescent bulbs if we wanted because they were gettg rid of them but then they were ok again and now-well I didn't know so I'm glad you said so I won't spend hours looking for incandescents (and Goldens on QVC videos!😅)

@on the bay 

Im mad because I have to replace a special lamp that only takes incandescent bulbs....and I dont like the ultra modern styles they are showing online and in stores for lamps.....Im more of a traditional style person....SIGH!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 @Thank you for posting. I had left my WM account without signing out. I just went there and signed out. Something could be up.