Esteemed Contributor

Walmart.....Target....not doing returns right now

I had to make a grocery run to Walmart yesterday and the Cashier told me that they won't be doing any returns starting today (except electronics).

My brother told me that Target quit doing returns also to protect their employees...

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart.....Target....not doing returns right now

Lots of retailers began doing this in the last few weeks, both instore and online, makes good sense. shop very carefully. 

Honored Contributor

Good Plan!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking Publix posted signs more than a month ago limiting returns.  I didn't pay attention to the details -  I was doing in and out ASAP.  Still am.

Esteemed Contributor

The Walmart I go to has not done returns for some time now.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had to make a grocery run to Walmart yesterday and the Cashier told me that they won't be doing any returns starting today (except electronics).

My brother told me that Target quit doing returns also to protect their employees...

@Nataliesgramma 

Makes sense to me!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Target is not doing in store returns.  You can process a return by mail for .com purchases.

Trusted Contributor

...and QVC accepts  returns for 90 days, 3 months! That's for the people here that are complaining about QVC.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

Target's sign says they will start doing returns again after Apr 26 although of course that could be extended again. They extended return time during the no-return policy to June something ( I was at Target today).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma 

I can understand their point of view---and agree with it!

1. They don't know if the person that had the item being returned is infected, therefore, the virus could still be on the surface of the product.  Or it maybe  the person returning the item is infected and came into the store...Either way it could cause the virus to spread to employees that work in the store causing the employee to be furloughed or lose their job....

2. If they hoarded items and either ran out of money so they needed the refund...OR...if they hoarded to try to sell it but there were no takers....Sorry but they reaped what they sowed. A lot of people have had to go without due to the hoarders! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”