Regular Contributor

Re: Walmart May Be Leading The Way With Products "Made in USA."

@hckynut wrote:

@Goldengate8361 

Global economy? All I need do is look back at the years we were dependent on countries to supply gas and oil. And in that same, what you a "global economy, how well that worked out for our country.

Competition, how about "Fair Competition?  By some, that make our country's global agreements, still consider China to be a "developing country", take a look at the decades of trade deficits with this "developing(?)" country.

Not my idea of Fair Competition. No thanks, I prefer thing about the United States economy, not a country that only cares about being #1, no matter what that entails.

hckynut 

@hckynut I truly worry about our energy supply since energy companies are unpopular now. I remember VERY expensive gas, long lines and shortages.  I fear it may extend to heating products this winter. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut @SoonerLater  Yes, and unfortunately getting worse....consider the current policies, what an embarrassment.  We are headed for challenging times.  We are remaining calm and our priority is to remain safe/solvent throughout the next few years.  

Regular Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hckynut @SoonerLater  Yes, and unfortunately getting worse....consider the current policies, what an embarrassment.  We are headed for challenging times.  We are remaining calm and and our priority is to remain safe/solvent throughout the next few years.  

@phoenixbrd I hear you and that's our plan as well.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hckynut @SoonerLater  Yes, and unfortunately getting worse....consider the current policies, what an embarrassment.  We are headed for challenging times.  We are remaining calm and our priority is to remain safe/solvent throughout the next few years.  

@phoenixbrd, which current policies are you speaking of????

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

$350 Million over 10 years doesn't seem like much.....in a trillion dollar economy

@Desertdi   Maybe not as much as you would like, BUT, it's an effort and a start.  Hoefully, others will join in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Walmart has a long history of selling US flags, flag tshirts, etc. but they all say “made in China”. This new "made in the USA"  initiative rings a little hollow for me when you consider how many small businesses they have caused to close. I can't stand  Walmart. The city bought and tore down a very upscale mall here with promises of a new luxury high rise and retail space...but Walmart had such deep pockets, the city folded and now there is a huge WM not far from us. It has fulfilled every fear cited by those who opposed it. It attracts sketchy people who gather in the parking lot 24/7 and the driveways and parking lot is already full of huge potholes they have made no attempt to repair. I absolutely don't feel safe going there, especially now that they have discovered credit card skimmers on almost every self-checkout station. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess :  Sounds like you only shop upper crust; some of us live in areas that don't offer many options and Wal-Mart is a blessing.  In my city of 11,000 everybody eventually shops at Walmart .  We buy all our staples there as well as some of our groceries.  Saving $1 on a pint of Haagen Daas ( example) really adds up on a $250 shopping trip.  Yes, there are bums who shop there and there are also Teslas in parking lot. My motto is live and let live.

Respected Contributor

I hope it's true, selling more made in USA products.

Strange though, Walmart is getting rid of cashiers and they all live in the US.    

Customers are now their own cashiers.  (I'm not.)

How about WM selling more made in USA products and hire cashiers!!  So many businesses are going to self service.  People need jobs to buy goods from WM.

What are they thinking?

Honored Contributor

I would hope no other companies would want to be like Walmart other than selling more products made in the USA.