Esteemed Contributor

Walmart Lays Off Corporate Employees

I just read this on CNBC. They are laying off corporate employees after slashing forecast and warned that customers have cut spending due to inflation. It was to better position the  company for a strong future.

Shoppers are changing. Customers are changing. They are doing some restrructing to make sure they are aligned. Wal-Mart is still hiring in parts if its business that is still growing, including supply chain, e-commerce, health, wellness and advertising sales.

I found this to be an interesting article. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Walmart Lays Off Corporate Employees

@elated 

Hi

Thanks for sharing.  That's fascinating, as so many people are changing careers or leaving the workforce.  Interesting times for sure.  

Respected Contributor

Looking for something to do for five minutes? Go to the Walmart corporate website and take virtual tours of the new massive campus in Bentonville.

Respected Contributor

Interesting to see what other large corporations will follow Walmart's lead. I know WM has really raised its prices on groceries here but the whole " roll back" thing doesn't seem to be happening here in other parts of their stores.

Esteemed Contributor

Bottom line over humans
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Trusted Contributor

That is interesting...Customer's are shopping in our town.  I saw people with overflowing shopping carts yesterday at the Walmart...

I do live in a tourist town and there were campers and RVs in the parking lot  being loaded with food.  Our Walmart has the continual HELP WANTED sign on both doors north and south.  

Maybe it's different in other parts of the country but it always seems crowded here....

We do pickup or sometimes just go early to avoid crowds..DW

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of people are going to be laid off because not coming to the office, they find out you aren't very productive, out-of-sight out-of-mind and they don't need you. 

I don't think working from home is going to work out for a lot of people and I feel sorry for them.

Honored Contributor

Trimming the fat seems to be the thing to do when times are tough.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Looks like Walmart changed its shipping policy.

Tonight I put together a curbside grocery pickup for tomorrow. When I added a shipping package of batteries, it couldn't be included with the pickup order. Walmart required a separate $35 minimum shipping order for free shipping. This has never happened before. 

Trusted Contributor

@PickyPicky3   They changed that a few months ago. It's a mess.

I order from Walmart and Costco due to many items not being in stock or because the drive is just too much (plus the heat, the crowds, bleh). Walmart used to be THE place to order everything but now they have restricted what they will allow to be sent vs picked up vs being sent in a separate order. It's no longer cost-effective for us to order the way we used to from Walmart. I'm not willing to play the games or pay extra fees so that's that. 

Bit by bit, little by little they take more and more away from each and every person. At what point do you say "Enough!" to corporations? *sigh*

"Coming to ya from Florida"