Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

The topic of WM accepting returns has been of interest here, so it's useful to hear more experiences. I find the mention of the chiles interesting, too. Didn't know WM had them. I'm studying Arab and North African food now and want to check out my WM's chile selection.

I was also glad to read that WM reimbursed the OP's husband for tire rotation he had to have done elsewhere, since WM couldn't honor the maintenance contract because that department is shut down due to the virus.

I'll add my experience. My eyeglasses, which I got from WM, recently lost a nose piece. The little stub hurts, so I wanted to have the piece replaced. The frames had also become very oxidized, going from their original silver to a bronze color, I think because of my perspiration--it's been so hot here.

Last week during senior hour I took the glasses to the WM optical shop, showed the optician the glasses, missing nosepiece, and just mentioned the frame damage, but said all I wanted to deal with was the nosepiece. But she replaced the frames completely, no charge. I was very pleased.

We get altogether too little good news these days, so I think sharing some, especially when it's about the much-maligned WM that some of us rely on heavily for food anbd sundries, is perfectly fine.

@noodleann 

I was about to skip the entire thread ... especially since I never get to Walmart.   

Funny I should happen to single out your post ... I'm having the exact same problem with my silver framed glasses ... they're old ... and I've lost one of the nose pieces, too.  Think I'll try to get to one of the stores this week to have it replaced, and maybe let them fill my new prescription (actually months old now, but I've been hesitant about getting it done).

Never know what you'll learn here ... 

Honored Contributor
It is Hatch Chile time, we get ours at Central Market where they are roasting them out in the parking lot in several big roasters. The aroma is heavenly. I also go inside and buy green chile scones, cream cheese, cheddar bread, and anything else with the chiles.
Honored Contributor
Hatch chiles are grown in Hatch, New Mexico. They have a unique taste due to the soil there. They have a hot and a mild variety. I buy the mild variety roasted. I buy a few pounds and freeze them after cleaning off the black blistered outside skin. I use them on cheeseburgers, in soup, enchilada, casseroles, lots of things. I lived in New Mexico and we went to the Hatch Chile festival every year.
Respected Contributor

@dancingwoman   Thank you for posting about your experience at WM.  I had never heard of Hatch chilies, so I learned something new.  I'm going to keep an eye out for them, but the mild ones.  🌶

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

I think a lot of people who post here are living in a vacuum. Many are not going out  for weeks at a time, and might be interested in what is happening in places they live, as well as other areas of the country. 

The OP contains some information that others would find interesting, like Walmart taking returns, because many stores were not doing so for a long time. 

It might help someone else to know about the tire centers, and the ability to get paid back for having to go elsewhere while they weren't open to provide services, if they have tire business with Walmart as well.