Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy   Not that I really need to explain myself....

The reason I posted was because there have been several posts here reguarding Walmart accepting returns...I just wanted people to know they are....

And as @Kachina624  posted just pass by a post if you aren't interested...I do it all the time....have a great day....DW

Honored Contributor

Hatch chilies! I have a relative who gets other relatives to get send her some each year. They are very coveted.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

The topic of WM accepting returns has been of interest here, so it's useful to hear more experiences. I find the mention of the chiles interesting, too. Didn't know WM had them. I'm studying Arab and North African food now and want to check out my WM's chile selection.

I was also glad to read that WM reimbursed the OP's husband for tire rotation he had to have done elsewhere, since WM couldn't honor the maintenance contract because that department is shut down due to the virus.

I'll add my experience. My eyeglasses, which I got from WM, recently lost a nose piece. The little stub hurts, so I wanted to have the piece replaced. The frames had also become very oxidized, going from their original silver to a bronze color, I think because of my perspiration--it's been so hot here.

Last week during senior hour I took the glasses to the WM optical shop, showed the optician the glasses, missing nosepiece, and just mentioned the frame damage, but said all I wanted to deal with was the nosepiece. But she replaced the frames completely, no charge. I was very pleased.

We get altogether too little good news these days, so I think sharing some, especially when it's about the much-maligned WM that some of us rely on heavily for food anbd sundries, is perfectly fine.

Esteemed Contributor

@dancingwoman 

Sounds delicious, but I'm not a hot pepper person.  I do like the flavor of most peppers, but not the heat.  My mother liked peppers that left her sweating  Cat LOL  

I'm glad you found something that you enjoy.

Have not been to Walmart in a while, but I previously did a lot of shopping there.  No complaints from me!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman   We use chilies in a lot of recipes.   Today it was just on homemade tortillas...DH has them with eggs.  I make a vegan posole with  them then make a green chili chicken or pork that you could use in the posole if you want meat..I'll add them to stews..pinto beans..make kind of a relish by mixing some chopped with evoo...balsamic...Mexican oregano...garlic...use it on sandwiches or DH's fav is on a burger...thanks for asking.....DW

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I haven't seen fresh hatch chiles in ages. What a find. 

Unfortunately I've only been able to find the ones labeled "hot" this year.  Last year Sprouts offered mild and medium, and the mediums I found a bit hot.  But would buy again if I could find them. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Walmart 8/10/2020

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

@CrazyDaisy , Well you are free to talk about your trip to any store, so have at it.  The reality is most people have Walmart in or near theircommunity, ifI talk about my trip to Tops Market most posters can't identify. Simple when you give it some thought.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy    Because it's one of the few topics that can be discussed here.  The title says, "Walmart".  Easy to skip if you're not interested.  So why are you compelled to gripe?

So then all other stores are off limits, must have missed that in the rules.  Thanks for the heads up.

@CrazyDaisy I appreciate knowing that certain things are reimbursed and what is going on at Walmart.

In addition, Walmart is a store that is very widely spread across the US, where many stores are not.

It's easy to by pass a thread you're not interested in as @Kachina624 said.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I was wondering about that myself.  I've only been to a Walmart 3-4 times ever...there were two nice ones where my son went to college and we bought some items there for his dorm room more than 10 years ago.

Now my trip to Costco last week was bizarre!  The parking lot was full (middle of the afternoon on  a Wednesday), no carts in the store so I had to go out to find one in the parking lot and when I went to check out the line was almost halfway to the back of the store....I've never seen it so crowded!...if anyone cares.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 

The Costco about 30 minutes from me didn't open until 10 a.m, which is way too late for me to shop.

I have 5 Walmarts within a 30 minute drive in any direction, and most open very early.  I think that, above all things, is why I shop there more than other places.

Although, that has changed since March.  Only been to one store once during that time.  The rest is done online.  I do most of my grocery shopping at a lovely Food Lion just 10 minutes away from my house.

Many of my friends are devoted Costco shoppers and they do have lots of goodies!