Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman   The closest Walmart is about 40 minutes away and not in the direction that I normally go.  I did get a really cute area rug from them online.

You have to shop where it's most convenient...Walmart just isn't for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm in Texas, enough said.

You all can have my share. We never knew what 'Hatch' means. I see them advertised around here, but, we flee from them.  Not native Texans LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the chili powder made in new mexico.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

just reading about Hatch chilies is making me sweat!!  i've never had any kind of hot pepper!!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Cannot get them in Delaware, so I order from Amazon.  I do remember seeing places when I was in New Mexico that would ship.  Maybe @Kachina624  knows some of them (I should have taken note when I was there).

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@dancingwoman 

I have never heard of Hatch Chilies....I'm in Maryland...and our stores have a variety of lose peppers, so maybe I've not noticed them

What do you use them for...are they hot?

Thanks.

@Witchy Woman    Hatch Chilies are grown in the area around Hatch, NM.  Chile lovers arguably consider them to be the very best.  They vary in degree of spiciness, some mild to very hot.  Use them in an recipe calling for chile peppers plus I often substitute them for bell pepper.  We love roasted chilis on hamburgers.  Green chile cheeseburger....yum.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I haven't seen fresh hatch chiles in ages. What a find. 

@GenXmuse   I buy chopped mild chile peppers from Hatch frozen in pint containers.  I usually buy the mild since I like the flavor more than the heat.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

WOW, what a rude comment!

Esteemed Contributor

@Love4cats wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Why are people compelled to detail their trips to Walmart?  Is this the only store open?

Not a comment, a couple simple questions.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Love4cats wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Not a comment, a couple simple questions.

@CrazyDaisy  Where in community standards does it say posters have to explain the reason for starting a thread? Especially one on Walmart? I don't get it.