Super Contributor

Re: Wally, The Emotional Support ALLIGATOR

I've got a house for rent. I guess I better add no alligators allowed! On second thought I live in California so I'm sure that would be some sort of discrimination.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  I'm not sure but I rhink he got it from a rescue place.

There is a picture of the guy laying on the couch with Wally on top of him.  Wally's chompers are too close to the guy's face for my comfort.

Honored Contributor

Wally likes to snuggle!  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Of course exotic animals present a danger. I often think of the beautiful young woman visiting a friend who owned a chimpanzee, only to have it attack her and almost kill her. It was horrible. I've thought of her often, after following her case. She even underwent a face transplant. I think she has since passed. Supposedly this chimp had never shown aggressive behaviors. Exotic animals are timebombs. We all know this.

But, even with domesticated animals, we often see injuries and attacks. It's far from uncommon. The ER's are kept busy with visits second to domestic animal injuries. Lots of serious dog attacks and too many deaths. And, this is from man's best friend. 

However, of all the animals on this earth, the one I fear the most and find the most destructive is man. We are, after all, animals, too, often with erratic behaviors. We're just a little higher on the food chain. Not superior, and in a many cases, probably not  smarter. 

Valued Contributor

An alligator, huh? It seems pretty dicey to me. I was petting one of my non-registered emotional support cats a while ago and kind of nuzzling his neck (oh, he's just too soft and fluffy) when he suddenly nipped me on the eyebrow. Not hard enough to bleed, just a little love bite. I'd want to avoid a love bite from a snuggling Wally at all cost.

Honored Contributor

In many jurisdictions exotic animal such as alligators are illegal in residential areas.  Somebody in Philly needs to check this out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I don't think it is illegal to own an alligator in Pa.

I'm waiting for some knucklehead to dump his pet alligator in a Pa. lake when "fluffy" gets too big to handle.  I would hope our nasty Pa. winters could keep us from becoming the FL of the North with alligators in every body of water except your bathtub.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

Wally is 5 ft. long and from what I read belongs to an older man with cancer.

A young girl had him on a leash at LOVE park in Philly walking along.

People were petting him and holding him.  Declared him a snuggle bunny.  They said he seems docile and happy.

It. Is. An. Alligator. Wild. Animal. I don't think alligators know happy.

Wait until docile Wally wakes up some morning and remembers he's an alliagtor.

Of all the animals in the world, an alligator.  I do not understand people.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Sorry, but I don't think this is going to end well.   

Uh .....  anyone got a picture of this snuggle bunny?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I Googled Wally alligator to show DD pictures.

One guy is holding him like a baby on his shoulder.

Honored Contributor

I saw this on FB,yesterday, just stupidity,and dangerous, what a lion,tiger ,next?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.