Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper.....does anyone still have it in their home?

I don't have it but I do like it, when done nicely. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1wrote:

We live in a turn of the century Victorian house.  While some of the downstairs was done over after Sandy, for the most part the walls are not smooth.  Paint only emphasizes the flaws, so yes, we have a lot of wall paper in this house.

"turn of the century Victorian house" is like music to my ears.  I'll bet it's lovely!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have always liked wallpaper.

Of course, some of it is garish and tacky-looking, but if a person knows which pattern to choose, I think it adds a lot to a room....cozy-looking, I think someone said.

I like that.

I like the jacquard pattern, too.

Honored Contributor

High-end decorating magazines have never stopped showing wallpaper.  It's only the HGTV crowd that turns their little noses up at it and a lot of other things that are in good taste, were in good taste a hundred years ago (or several hundred) and will still be in good taste when people don't remember what HGTV was. 

Honored Contributor

No wallpaper in my last three homes.  

Been trying to sell my parents home for almost 1 year, and their rather high end wallpaper has been an issue that is often mentioned in potential buyer's comments. 

Respected Contributor

NO, none, no wallpaper.

I almost caved once when I saw the most beautiful paper........then I saw the price.  It was almost $300 a roll  :-0  

That brought me back to my senses QUICK!

Trusted Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

High-end decorating magazines have never stopped showing wallpaper.  It's only the HGTV crowd that turns their little noses up at it and a lot of other things that are in good taste, were in good taste a hundred years ago (or several hundred) and will still be in good taste when people don't remember what HGTV was. 

I don't watch HGTV and I don't like wallpaper.   Each of us is entitled to our opinion, and my taste is as good as anyone's.  

Honored Contributor

@SarahWwrote:

@Soonerwrote:

I don't watch HGTV and I don't like wallpaper.   Each of us is entitled to our opinion, and my taste is as good as anyone's.  

@SarahW  That's what I think.  I don't care what HGTV thinks. 

Honored Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@Sooner... Wonderfully stated... Each to their own, but I've never aspired to the HGTV 'signature' look...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have wallpaper on my kitchen walls (large fruit and flower pattern) and matching fabric as valance in family room, laundry room and covering two chairs also in family room.  

Also have wallpaper on walls of downstairs bathroom.