Trusted Contributor

Wallpaper.....does anyone still have it in their home?

Just curious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper.....does anyone still have it in their home?

I have that "stuff" in my house as of yet. house is old, that was all i could get way back when some 30 odd yrs ago,one day it will come off.

Honored Contributor

Yep, I moved into a condo about a year ago and about half of it is wall paper.  It was professionally hung and there is no way I am getting it off the walls so I have made friends with it . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@viva923It's okay.  Lots of people still have wallpaper although personally I wouldn't want it here in my Florida condo.  I think depending upon where you live and what style of house and furnishing you like, wallpaper can make lots of sense.  Just recently a friend texted me pictures of the very old, traditional house they are remodeling in the North and yes, they removed the old wallpaper, BUT they hung new!

Honored Contributor

No wallpaper in our house and our house will remain wallpaper free. I’m not a fan. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I do have a wallpaper border in one room, but no other wallpaper. I have nothing against it however. I don't like the idea of things being "in" or "out" of style, I think people should decorate for themselves and not others. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have beautiful wallpaper in my office.  Other than that, I prefer paint, which is easy, though not inexpensive, to change.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I love wall paper when done high end. Gorgeous. I’m not talking JC Penney

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My entire house is papered, and I love it. We just repapered the living room a couple of years ago. I like cozy stuff ,and my house is that.

Esteemed Contributor

In our family room, below the chair-rail.  I looks lke marble.  Every time I say I want to remove it, DH says he loves it.  That's ok.  Less work for me.