Super Contributor

Wall plates, etc.

[ Edited ]

Do any of you have collector plates decorating your walls or hutches?

I have these decorating 3 rooms ~

6 plates with old fashioned winter scenes (3 are a set)

2 Disney theme plates

2 plates with flowers

4 season plates 

1 with a southwestern theme

1 with a spring scene

1 Princess Di plate

3 Noel type plates

This is one of my Robert Sauber plates ~

Related image

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Wall plates

[ Edited ]

Wow , that is a lot of wall plates. I have aset of 4 in the camper that I think are pretty but I especially like that they don't need as much space to hang as a framed picture. They are all the same artist and are pictures of kids doing everyday things - playing with a puppy - playing in a puddle - picking a pumpkin and kissing a doll.

I had to look mine up because I could not remember the artist - it is Donald Zolan.

Honored Contributor

I have 4, all were  gifts from my Mom

2 are Edna Hibel paintings and the other 2 are Mildred Seely collectible dolls.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I collect plates with prints from R. K. Beck. When I started collecting them, I just liked their pictures. I got them for a dollar or two at local thrift shops. They  have themes like nature (see chestnut plate below) fish, dogs, deer, sheep, even cows.

I later found out that he painted plates given out by the Larkin Soap Company. I worked in an office in the old Larkin warehouse and they had artifacts on every floor, including plates like mine.

Later I discovered that Rafael Beck also painted murals for theaters and for the Pan Am Exposition in Buffalo in 1901.

I like to hang plates in bathrooms and kitchens - where moisture can ruin pictures.

Antique Signed R.K. BECK  Handpainted Plate ~ Chestnuts~  9 1/4"

Honored Contributor

Another R.K. Beck nature plate...

7235-c-1915-Dresden-fish-platter-signed-by-R-K-Beck

Trusted Contributor

Oh man, this is a sore subject in our family. Currently, 133 collector plates are boxed up and in the garage as I attempt to find ways to get rid of them. My mother loved all the blue and white plates (Bing & Grondahl, etc.) for Christmas and Mother's Day through the years (60s and 70s). Can't find anyone interested in them -- even the Scandinavian store in our area didn't want them. They had a bunch on their store walls for sale and couldn't move them out. We lived in the Midwest when Mom collected, so I'm going to explore ways to get rid of them there. No one in Texas is interested, that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of "collectible" anything; plates included.

Honored Contributor

When I downsized years ago, I let go of four cat plates by Laurel Burch.  

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of plates on walls. I do have several sets of china I like to change out from time to time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought two Franklin Mint plates back 30 years ago. They are  pictures of  birds. I was collecting things that had to do with birds back then.  Now the plates just sit and collect dust....I dusted them off to take this picture! 😉

IMG_0318.JPG