Valued Contributor

Re: Walgreens and face masks

@Katcat1  I agree about Lowe's. That is one of my favorite stores under normal conditions but charging double or more left a bad taste in my mouth.

Here Walgreens and CVS are both high in price, and it used to be that Rite Aid was the least expensive. I agree that Walmart is more cost effective than the others, but unfortunately our Walmart here is still not allowing you to get certain items in your pick up order. Masks and gloves are two of those items. 

I was ok with risking a quick trip in a small store at first opening--with few customers. Walmart is just too big and too busy for me to risk.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

@SunSprite  Walmart made their aisles on way which is an excellent idea.  If you go later in day it won't be so busy.  I went to our grocery store at 7:00 pm and there were only a handful of people.  It was great.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Found face masks, pack of 50, for $24 and change at Sam's Club the other day. That was the cheapest I've seen them. Hate that they are made in China. I got them because we might need them, but have lots of cloth ones that I will use for most trips. 

I'd like to stock up on the disposable ones but I'm going to wait and see if we see some made in USA in the future. I'd be willing to pay twice the above price to get them made here.