Valued Contributor

I went inside a Walgreens this morning; my first time in a store since the beginning of March!

I will admit I strategically planned this outing Smiley Embarassed

I went by there three times on weekdays at 8 a.m. (the time they opened) and it was too crowded. So I tried this morning (Saturday) and there was only one other person besides myself that went in at opening. We both had on masks, as did all store personnel.

I was able to get in and out in under 15 minutes, and would have been faster if not for looking through the pharmacy section.There were no other customers in the store when I left, but lots of cars pulling in as I was driving out. 

Anyway, wanted to let others know that in store only they had a box of disposable masks for $29.99, limit one. There are 50 in a box. 

They were also selling 10 face masks for $12.99, also limit one per customer.

Disposable face masks have been very tough to find locally (I'm in lower SC).

This is the best local price I have found yet. A friend of mine located some masks a week or so ago at our Lowe's, but they were $62 for 50. Smiley Frustrated

I probably won't be back in any stores for another two months but happy the whole experience went well.

(and of absolutely no importance to anyone, I was able to buy my hair color! woohoo!)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Re: Walgreens and face masks

@SunSprite wrote:

I went inside a Walgreens this morning; my first time in a store since the beginning of March!

I will admit I strategically planned this outing Smiley Embarassed

I went by there three times on weekdays at 8 a.m. (the time they opened) and it was too crowded. So I tried this morning (Saturday) and there was only one other person besides myself that went in at opening. We both had on masks, as did all store personnel.

I was able to get in and out in under 15 minutes, and would have been faster if not for looking through the pharmacy section.There were no other customers in the store when I left, but lots of cars pulling in as I was driving out. 

Anyway, wanted to let others know that in store only they had a box of disposable masks for $29.99, limit one. There are 50 in a box. 

They were also selling 10 face masks for $12.99, also limit one per customer.

Disposable face masks have been very tough to find locally (I'm in lower SC).

This is the best local price I have found yet. A friend of mine located some masks a week or so ago at our Lowe's, but they were $62 for 50. Smiley Frustrated

I probably won't be back in any stores for another two months but happy the whole experience went well.

(and of absolutely no importance to anyone, I was able to buy my hair color! woohoo!)

Glad you had a nice experience.  I have a few disposable masks.  I have noticed more people in my area wearing disposable so they must have them in stores around me.  

I have also noticed toilet paper is available.  I was in the dolla store and they actually had some.  I have not seen any in dollar store for months.  I went to walmart yesterday and gound beef was scarce.  They only had the beef that is in round packageing like Jimmy dean Sausage.  I bought 2 small ones.  May start eating more vegetables.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @SunSprite .

I'm always very glad to hear when someone is able to start finding something in their area.

We go to an independent pharmacy for our medications. 

They recently put a sign up that they had gloves and some other products in limited quantities for customers. 

I was able to get a box of gloves.

I use them inside for various health and beauty reasons like I did before Covid, like when I'm taking care of my hair or cleaning up after the cat, for example. 

Honored Contributor

@SunSprite @I love how you waited until there was low traffic to go shopping.I think I will also check out stores before I go too..was the hair color selection good.I heard color was  hard to find.

Honored Contributor

I  hate when a business tries to take advantage of the  consumer because they know the item is in demand and over charge (Lowes).   I am surprised Walgreens had such a good price. Walgreens is known for having higher prices on just about everything.  Thanks for the information.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads up on the masks.

I'm glad you were able to get your hair color. I got my hair highlighted and colored right before this hit. 

I wish I just had a base color on it, so I could color it myself. 

Glad you had a good experience. I would love to go in there and be the only one. I haven't been inside Wal Greens in 2 months at least. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I  hate when a business tries to take advantage of the  consumer because they know the item is in demand and over charge (Lowes).   I am surprised Walgreens had such a good price. Walgreens is known for having higher prices on just about everything.  Thanks for the information.

Interesting. In my neck of the woods, CVS has much higher prices than Walgreens.  Of  course, I'd never expect a drug store to match Walmart's prices, but it's a trade off for convenience. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

I, too, was in Walgreens this week and asked if they had any masks.  They are being stored behind the counter so I purchased a box and it was in the $30 range with tax.  Also, CVS has higher prices in my area than the Walgreens stores.  Must vary by locations.

Valued Contributor

@sunshine 919 I hear ya on the vegetables. My family plants a garden each year in my parents' back yard and I'm very happy to say the squash and cucumbers are both almost ready. We're going to have lots of tomatoes too, but I can only eat so much of those lol...

We're even going to have early bell peppers this year. 

The ground beef here too is becoming more limited. I've been wanting to try ground pork (I never have) and make patties out of it for a hamburger type sandwich. I've never made that before, but now seems like as good a time as any to give that a shot. 

I guess it will depend on what Instacart has available. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Valued Contributor

@dex  I was pleasantly surprised at the hair color selection; fully stocked! All the shelves were filled.

It was also on sale....but it was more of a QVC type sale (not much $ off) Smiley Wink