Esteemed Contributor

I went to a very crowded wake...next day went to the very crowded church funeral......wonder what pre-cautions might be implemented....maybe i have too much time on my hands today.....

Honored Contributor

I totally understand what you are saying but have no thoughts or suggestions. It is such a difficult time. 

Respected Contributor

Not at all.  My elderly neighbor went to a funeral and hugged a lot of people from the church.  She is now on 3 antibiotics and self quarantined in her home. It's not the corona virus, but she's still pretty sick 

Honored Contributor

My thought would be to stay away from crowded events, especially if you're in the most vulnerable group.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

There were some questions on our local talk radio this morning regarding just that!

Also someone stated they were going to a wedding with 200 people, I wonder what will happen with all these  personal events.   I mean,  to cancel a parade is one thing but a wedding or funeral????

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

There were some questions on our local talk radio this morning regarding just that!

Also someone stated they were going to a wedding with 200 people, I wonder what will happen with all these  personal events.   I mean,  to cancel a parade is one thing but a wedding or funeral????

You would have to ask yourself," do I feel lucky today".

Respected Contributor

Small family weddings and funerals might not be a bad idea.

Honored Contributor

I am going to try my hardest to avoid any large groups of people for the forseeable future.  I am still doing food shopping but that is about it.  I am cancelling all social events and not going out any more than absolutely necessary.  I'm not thrilled about it, but I'm trying to cut down my exposure as much as possible. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
We are still in the midst of flu season here, so add that to the confusion. Many who are positive for Covid 19 had chills, aches, and low grade fever...total opposite from the cough and high fever that was first announced as real red flags for it, so I am guessing many may have been dealing with Covid 19 and not the flu.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wakes and Funerals

[ Edited ]

I have to go to a wake.  I will be using namaste instead of hugging and/or shaking hands.  Namaste is a sign of greeting and respect so nobody should be offended.

Image result for namaste photo