Honored Contributor

Re: Waitress Saves Child From Abusive Parents

@ECBG wrote:

Bless her hear.  Such bravery has its own reward.

When I taught I practically lived in guidance.  You just never know.

@ECBG 

Bless all of you teachers (past and present), because most times you're 'the first line of defense' in child abuse cases.

Ya'll get to 'know' your students and recognize personality changes, as well as signs of physical abuse or neglect.

I have the utmost respect for all that try to be aware and help when we can, even if it's just a phone call.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I read that online yesterday and I was so happy that he and his sister are now safe. Just hope the system doesn’t fail them. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic 

Me too, but sadly, all too often that system fails.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hero Waitress! Garbage Parents. There are too many of them, from all walks of life. There is already deep damage done to this boy. Thankfully there are professionals out there, and   loving individuals that will work with him toward healing. May he never encounter any others who treat him brutally or cruelly ever again. It will take many years of hard work, and determination but healing and trust can be slowly, successfully restored to this child and sister. Let's pray for this!  People love your children and all our children and treasure them as the gems they truly are.

Esteemed Contributor

A few months ago, I read of a horrific case of child abuse in our state.  It was done to a boy, by his stepfather, with his mother a witness just standing by.  I don’t know his age, but he and his siblings were removed from that “home.”

I don’t wish to make a contest of this, but the abuse was worse than this case cited.  I will not give details.  It all made me wish DH and I were not so elderly that we could not take this child and siblings in as foster parents.  I still cry over this.  This is the only time that I can remember that I wish I were a young woman.  Some people are monsters.

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars 

I worked on the defense side of the criminal justice system for MANY years and I can report (for whatever it's worth) that there is definitely a proscribed "culture" in prison that pegs "child abusers" at the LOWEST rung of "respect" and demands harsh treatment by other inmates for individuals like these two.

This has now became a "high-profile" case so when sentencing occurs for "mother" and "step-father" (in name only), the prison admin might be compelled to put both in PC (Protective Custody) for, at least, awhile to prevent a violent incident the admin would surely like to avoid .

However, chances are both will eventually wind up in GP (general population) and receive the prisoners' version of "justice."  That "justice" might be much more severe than anything the Court may impose.

Hopefully, this story will encourage other witnesses of child abuse/neglect to take similar action. 

Most of the defendants I assisted over the years were the VICTIMS of child abuse/neglect and turned to illegal drugs to cope with the emotional and physical trauma they suffered. 

Because of the illegality of the substances they abused they continually cycled through our jails and prisons to their own detriment and society's, as well.

Hopefully, these two precious children will now be able to be welcomed into a loving and safe home and thrive there to become functional, productive citizens in the years to come.

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Horribly, this child is only one of hundreds of thousands...especially now with the pandemic and children at home, falling ever deeper into the abyss of abusive, neglectful parents who are nothing less than monsters. I left that arena years ago because I couldn't emotionally or mentally wrap my head around it anymore... I practice in another area now.  I don't think you could believe some of the horrific things people think to do to their children.  And yes, if you see something, say something. This woman is a hero in my book. 

--------------

I worked with child abuse for 20 years!  Still when I think back, can't believe some of the horrors I saw!!

Watching the news about this event, my eyes teared up!!  Blessings to the brave waitress and the little boy and sister....

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

A few months ago, I read of a horrific case of child abuse in our state.  It was done to a boy, by his stepfather, with his mother a witness just standing by.  I don’t know his age, but he and his siblings were removed from that “home.”

I don’t wish to make a contest of this, but the abuse was worse than this case cited.  I will not give details.  It all made me wish DH and I were not so elderly that we could not take this child and siblings in as foster parents.  I still cry over this.  This is the only time that I can remember that I wish I were a young woman.  Some people are monsters.

Then don't make it one, ANY child abuse is horrific, no matter which one is 'worse' than the other.

Respected Contributor

Yes this is a great story & the waitress really stepped out to do this. Sadly I just fear the Mother at least will get the children back.

The children will never be safe unless all her rights are removed I fear...I cannot stand any child suffering or being hungry, it is so evil & this precious boy deserves to feel safe forever...

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi 

Hopefully not, especially after all of the social media coverage.

It's sad to think that social media rules our society, but unfortunately it seems to.