Honored Contributor

Re: Waitress Saves Child From Abusive Parents

I'd also add that maybe that waitress' kindness helped prevent that boy from becoming an abuser or a worse victim in his future. She taught him that there are kind people out there who do care and do the right thing. That it's not okay or accepted to be cruel to others. That there are adults he can trust.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

That poor child really took a leap of faith that this waitress really would help him.

The outcome would have been so much worse if the waitress didn't handle it as discreetly as she did, by not confronting the stepfather and calling 911 instead.

If she had confronted them, they would just take off, leaving the child to face dire circumstances.

The waitress deserves some kind of 'community/citizen' award in my book.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glade to hear the boy was helped by such a kind lady. There are many cases of child abuse rings in our country . Why are these groups allowed  internet forums  and why have the FBI not gotten to the bottom of the  Jeffry Epstein  investigation.  Guess, if you are rich and affluent with politicians  than you have more of a chance in not being exposed and arrested.

Respected Contributor

The depth to which this boy’s torment affected him not only physically but mentally was illustrated by the waitress’s account of having the kitchen staff make the boy a sandwich while the police were interviewing the parents. The child actually handed the sandwich to his mother before eating it to get her permission. I was in tears already just hearing the physical abuse and that just crushed me. The step father is a monster and the mother an enabler. These people are not fit to live outside prison. 

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Glade to hear the boy was helped by such a kind lady. There are many cases of child abuse rings in our country . Why are these groups allowed  internet forums  and why have the FBI not gotten to the bottom of the  Jeffry Epstein  investigation.  Guess, if you are rich and affluent with politicians  than you have more of a chance in not being exposed and arrested.

@skatting44 

BINGO!

Too many rich and affluent people were 'friends' with Epstein and enjoyed the 'services' he provided to them.

Between all of the wealth and influence involved, I doubt that the WHOLE truth will ever be known.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Bless that waitress ! 😢

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Horribly, this child is only one of hundreds of thousands...especially now with the pandemic and children at home, falling ever deeper into the abyss of abusive, neglectful parents who are nothing less than monsters. I left that arena years ago because I couldn't emotionally or mentally wrap my head around it anymore... I practice in another area now.  I don't think you could believe some of the horrific things people think to do to their children.  And yes, if you see something, say something. This woman is a hero in my book. 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

The depth to which this boy’s torment affected him not only physically but mentally was illustrated by the waitress’s account of having the kitchen staff make the boy a sandwich while the police were interviewing the parents. The child actually handed the sandwich to his mother before eating it to get her permission. I was in tears already just hearing the physical abuse and that just crushed me. The step father is a monster and the mother an enabler. These people are not fit to live outside prison. 

@SunValley 

Besides the physical abuse, withholding food was a common punishment by the parents.

When the boy was checked out at the hospital, he was 20 lbs. underweight.

Poor guy may be in therapy for the rest of his life with PTSD, my heart goes out to him.

Besides the stepfather, if you can't trust your own mother to protect you, who can you trust??

Honored Contributor

Bless her hear.  Such bravery has its own reward.

When I taught I practically lived in guidance.  You just never know.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is heartbreaking.  That poor boy.  How brave he was to take that opportunity and leap of faith when the waitress asked the second time.  So amazing that she asked a second time. 

She handled it perfectly.  Bless her.