Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I didn't know that Weight Watchers had been renamed to Wellness Wins.  Is that true?  Crazy, as people will always call it Weight Watchers.

As for Mindy Grossman being in charge...no wonder the stock is plummeting.  I was less than impressed, when she was in charge of HSN.  She couldn't even be bothered to have one of her staff reply to or acknowledge receipt of a certified letter.  She'll be on to the next company soon, I'm sure.

@Venezia.  My first thought was what did they expect when they hired Mindy Grossman?  She ran HSN into the ground but they thought she could fix WW?  Poor choice of CEO.  She doesn't seem to be CEO material.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you @esmerelda for your suggestions and support!

Honored Contributor

Re: WW (Weight Watchers)

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JJsMom 

There are people like me who need the of community that the weekly meetings give, you cheer others on share in the victories and commiserate on their defeats

@JJsMom wrote:

I don't think Oprah or keto are to blame for the downfall of WW. Why would anyone pay for that when there are so many free apps to help you track diet and exercise? I guess if you need to actually check in to be held accountable, that would be helpful, but I imagine tthat would be very inconvenient (and expensive) over the long run. I find the point system much too confusing too. Tracking calories and macro/micro nutrients is much more straightforward.

I attended a meeting in January (a free one) because of information I was given by friends and family who had left WW as well as 2 who worked there. I went to the one I attended for years, sat in the back and saw it was still my old leader running the class. That was the ONLY thing that was the same. What saddened me the most was there were NO stars being given out, no "success" for weight loss being applauded. When one person wanted to discuss the issues he was having with the program, the response from the leader was to "plug into his apps more and see what he can work on".

Gotta tell ya, I was floored by the major changes. Ran into my old leader at Aldi's the other day and found out that she left WW after being a leader for 10 years; she simply can't deal with changes. She doesn't agree with them or the program. I'm thrilled your meetings are still supportive and they offer you everything you need; I wish mine did. For me, that was a big part of my success. Oh, she also shared with me that more changes are coming and that our center is closing because membership/attendance has plummeted for the location. Our Center had 12 leaders and multiple meetings daily. Last year that dropped to 5 leaders, 2 meetings 4 days a week 1 meeting on the other days. Now it's 2 (a new one helping out from another center since my old leader quit) leaders splitting and doing the weigh ins at 2 meetings 3 days a week. Sad : (

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam 

Seriously stars, I could care less about the gimmicks, the plan works and my leader is amazing, I would not of stayed with the plan for 1 year if it did not work. I like the staff at the center, they have been very kind to me

Any company has issues and the day to day workings of WW has little to do with me and my success

@SahmIam wrote:

@I am still oxox 

@I am still oxox wrote:

@JJsMom 

There are people like me who need the of community that the weekly meetings give, you cheer others on share in the victories and commiserate on their defeats

@JJsMom wrote:

I don't think Oprah or keto are to blame for the downfall of WW. Why would anyone pay for that when there are so many free apps to help you track diet and exercise? I guess if you need to actually check in to be held accountable, that would be helpful, but I imagine tthat would be very inconvenient (and expensive) over the long run. I find the point system much too confusing too. Tracking calories and macro/micro nutrients is much more straightforward.

I attended a meeting in January (a free one) because of information I was given by friends and family who had left WW as well as 2 who worked there. I went to the one I attended for years, sat in the back and saw it was still my old leader running the class. That was the ONLY thing that was the same. What saddened me the most was there were NO stars being given out, no "success" for weight loss being applauded. When one person wanted to discuss the issues he was having with the program, the response from the leader was to "plug into his apps more and see what he can work on".

Gotta tell ya, I was floored by the major changes. Ran into my old leader at Aldi's the other day and found out that she left WW after being a leader for 10 years; she simply can't deal with changes. She doesn't agree with them or the program. I'm thrilled your meetings are still supportive and they offer you everything you need; I wish mine did. For me, that was a big part of my success. Oh, she also shared with me that more changes are coming and that our center is closing because membership/attendance has plummeted for the location. Our Center had 12 leaders and multiple meetings daily. Last year that dropped to 5 leaders, 2 meetings 4 days a week 1 meeting on the other days. Now it's 2 (a new one helping out from another center since my old leader quit) leaders splitting and doing the weigh ins at 2 meetings 3 days a week. Sad : (

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   You missed my point entirely.

I wish you continued success and am glad everything is great with the WW facility in your area.

Respected Contributor

Wasn't Mindy Grossman the head of HSN before it was "acquired" by QVC,Qurate Group?

Respected Contributor

I had read that WW was struggling against the Keto fad and other problems.  One change I noticed is their online format is not as user friendly as it was formerly.

I was talking to a nurse about the flu recently.  She said the only flu she had was the "Keto flu" whish is not uncommon for people who are adjusting to that diet.  I knew then I would not be trying it.

Honored Contributor

I'm a Lifetime WW member at goal for 10 years. I still go every week to my meeting (and stay), I enjoy it. I was told the reason they did away with the stars (Bravos) was they were going green doing away with unnecessary paper, they changed the formulas of the snacks (only natural ingredients in them), and changed the weekly from a multi paper pamphlet to one page. They also did away with paper towels to put on the scale when being weighed, no bare feet allowed. I can not tell you what an uproar there was that you had to wear socks, give me a break, your socks can't weigh that much!

Honored Contributor

"Don't fix (!) what isn't broken.  

When I went there were others there who didn't do the phone thing, so they couldn't use that.  It's assumed by them, everyone is in the same boat.  Second thing, just looking around, there were a number of people that physically could not exercise.  Again, the leader spoke to the whole group, totally over the heads of those who couldn't exercise.  Like they weren't there!!!!  Well, if that's the case and you aren't included why  pay to be there?   No way............

Trusted Contributor

My first round with WW was 1991.  This was before 'points' even!  I reached goal and lifetime.  I've since been back four times - each time I stopped going to meetings, i slowly gained back the 30 pounds. Each time the system changed;  bananas are bad, no bananas are ok, heck, eat the whole banana!  

I have to say for the most part i dislike the 'kumbaya' aspect of those meetings. The whole 'good job' and 'oh, it's ok if you didn't lose anything'.  Of course it is, come back next week, pay us more money and we'll be just as patronizing as this week.

Fast forward to now.  The same weight plus a bit more came back (menopause, illness, stress, etc.) and I was thinking of going back again because other things I have tried have just not worked.  

I'm probably going to try one meeting to pick up all the new info, but once I realized that it's a business and they have no interest in anyone being successful because then you could stop paying to come to their silly meetings, I lost all respect for their business model.  

If I can dig out my very old ' two milks, two breads, etc' from 1991, I may try that!