Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@Financialgrl  The constant changing of the programs is what did it in for me and those I know. I kept all of my materials from the different times I would go on WW (after each pregnancy); the program works....at least until they became the "almost everything is free points and it's ok to carry some extra weight and oh, let's all hug now!!!" ******.

I well remember the groans each time a new program was introduced over the past 5-6 years. I well remember less and less people coming to the meetings. I well remember the number of meetings dwindling down to 4 a week instead of the 24 they used to offer. And then the love-fest for their currant celebrity face and well; just too much and not worth the money any more.

@SahmIam  Regarding the celebrities who've endorsed the program over the years - be it Fergie, Duchess of York, or Oprah, etc  - I always thought gee, of course they do well bc they often have staff who cook for them.  

@Financialgrl  I remember when Fergie was chosen and our meeting had a member stand up and say "why hire someone who has staff; what does she have in common with all of US? NOTHING. Now, put someone up there with family, kids, elderly parents, a job whose boss is a jerk, not a lot of money, has health issues and STILL lost 80 plus pounds and you'll have people breaking down the door to join!"

She got a standing ovation. She was right as well.

Honored Contributor

Re: WW REIMAGINED

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd 

The WW lifestyle is livable and sustainable, I have lost 60 lbs in the last 2 years. I find it easy eat out and still keep the lifestyle. The current plans are all about good health and balance

WW is no longer a diet it is a LIFESTYLE

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No weight loss program is effective if it isn't sustainable.  A diet is temporary, but a lifestyle is forever.  There are many free programs that support a healthy lifestyle.  WW is archaic.  There are still those who live it and have adopted it as their lifestyle, those that have been able to sustain a healthy BMI and health....(don't know what plan that would be).  Not necessary to join WW these days to accomplish.  My lifestyle would not fit into any of their plans.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

I sure do. I lost 123 poounds on points plus. Then they went to smartpoints and I quit. I read abotut the new colorized plabns coming out and I still have my online subsciption but I don't feel like they explain the differences very well. 

Honored Contributor

@carabelle2014 

See my post earlier in this thread, I attempt to decode the 3 color plans

@carabelle2014 wrote:

I sure do. I lost 123 poounds on points plus. Then they went to smartpoints and I quit. I read abotut the new colorized plabns coming out and I still have my online subsciption but I don't feel like they explain the differences very well. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Thank you! Will do 

Honored Contributor

I like the combination of online/meetings.  I feel that doing online without the meetings wouldn't keep me honest.  The weigh ins are private.  You get to interact with people with the same goal as you and the conversations help you realize that you're not weird in your quest for weight loss afterall.  That late night binge after an amazing few months of being 'normal' in your eating habits happens to lots of people.  If they stopped the meetings, I'd be done with them for good.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I am a WW Lifetime member for many many years. I haven't paid for meetings for eons, as long as you are within two pounds of your goal weight you don't pay. I don't know of another program that lets you attend meetings for free. I stuck with the blue plan ( which is what we were already doing), I find the green plan too restrictive, the purple plan I would get into trouble, blue is the sweet spot.

Honored Contributor

I imagine NutriSystem isn’t happy about this. WW will now be competing with them at QVC for the same audience.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

WW is certainly not archaic now!!  Its so "now" with all the touchy, feely stuff that its too much for. me.  I lost over 80 pounds in 2003. Managed to keep it off and have gone to meetings all these years and because Im Lifetime, didnt have to pay.  But they seem to have gone over the edge with all this mind and body stuff.  I stopped going to meetings a year ago.  It was starting then and I dont go to WW to be analized. Its a good program, but you have to find what is right for you.  Anything that is sustainable for you and your lifestyle will work!

Respected Contributor

I guess the WW members who are happy and doing well tend not to complain online. I credit Weight Watchers with my being able to maintain a weight that is healthy. I am at lifetime, I do not pay and attend a weekly meeting. I have free access to the tracking app which is so much easier than paper and pencil. Going to meetings keeps me motivated. I am 70 years old and rocking size 8 jeans. I won't ever give up on myself.