Honored Contributor

@Jordan2, you're right ..... green is the most restrictive but that's why I prefer it.  The quiz put me in blue which is Freestyle and the reason I quit before.  It was frustrating.  

The more carbs I have the slower I lose weight which means I'm more likely to quit.  As a Lifetimer, I know what it's like not to pay the monthly fee so I'm always anxious to get to goal for that reason as well.  I easily got to goal with Points Plus and Smart Points but never with Freestyle.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I just joined for the first time.  It was either WW or go to the bariatric program at the local hospital.  The orthopedic surgeon referred me to the bariatric when he told me I needed to lose 50 lb before surgery would be considered....even though my knees aren't bad enough for surgery at this time.  

My medical doctor did not want to refer me to the bariatric clinic as she said too many of her patients regained their weight. I actually initiated the discussion w/her a while ago. 

I love the WW app and like the program I'm on as my issue is portion control.  But I really dislike the current meeting I'm attending. Over 65 people, and I hate the shout-outs when people reach a goal.

I don't buy the food and when I was told I was elegible for a charm bracelet when I lost my first ###, I declined it. I'm very cognizant that it's a business...I'm also very sad that since it works for lots of people, it's too bad it's too expensive for many people who might do well on it. 

Honored Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I just joined for the first time.  It was either WW or go to the bariatric program at the local hospital.  The orthopedic surgeon referred me to the bariatric when he told me I needed to lose 50 lb before surgery would be considered....even though my knees aren't bad enough for surgery at this time.  

My medical doctor did not want to refer me to the bariatric clinic as she said too many of her patients regained their weight. I actually initiated the discussion w/her a while ago. 

I love the WW app and like the program I'm on as my issue is portion control.  But I really dislike the current meeting I'm attending. Over 65 people, and I hate the shout-outs when people reach a goal.

I don't buy the food and when I was told I was elegible for a charm bracelet when I lost my first ###, I declined it. I'm very cognizant that it's a business...I'm also very sad that since it works for lots of people, it's too bad it's too expensive for many people who might do well on it. 

@cindyNC, I understand what you mean about the meeting.  That can be make or break for people and it was for me. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cindyNC 

There are those who live for the charms, they use them for a sense of achievement, as I have said before I am a firm believer in WW but I feel that the charms are akin to getting a gold star in school.

@cindyNC wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It's an individual thing but I love my meetings...and I've been to several different locations.  I will say that the leader/coach is very important.  You have to make a connection.  There was one that although I liked her, the fact that she walked back and forth during the whole meeting would get on my nerves a little.  It was like a tennis game with everybody's head following her, left and right, lol.  She was getting her walking done but what a visual.  One time, she got on the floor and showed us pushups.

Also, about the shout outs.  I've always been asked beforehand if I wanted to celebrate aloud my weight loss and reward.  If you say no, it's not mentioned.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
New Contributor

I searched WW on the QVC search window. Sunday 1-26 at 7 PM ET and 1-27 at 1 PM ET. No information as to what is being offered.

Respected Contributor

I worked for WW in 2001 and on for a few years in the corporate office in Kansas City. I worked in the training dept. and did all the event planning when Fergie was there. I loved that job. It was the corporate office where all the training was done for the midwest region and had the call center there. I have to say I was pretty shocked that most of the people working there in the office were pretty overweight. One dept. decided to go on WW which was about 10 women and they lost a lot of weight, I was impressed so it does work. 

I was thin but I ate their food because I enjoyed it but I know things have changed a lot over the years. 

It's a business like any other business... 

Honored Contributor

@Gone to HSN 

I did a little research and they are selling digital memberships, snacks and kitchen tools

@Gone to HSN wrote:

I searched WW on the QVC search window. Sunday 1-26 at 7 PM ET and 1-27 at 1 PM ET. No information as to what is being offered.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Re: WW REIMAGINED

[ Edited ]

I love WW. I joined in Feb. of 2017, and reached my goal (98.2 pounds lost) on Jan. 3 2018. I have gone on to lose around 10 more and have maintained below goal since then. WW is not a diet, but is sustainable and liveable. There are no food restrictions. As with any life goal, you have to be focused and the mindset has to be there. The program works, but if you don't follow it honestly, it won't. Workshop attendance (they used to be called meetings), helps a great deal. The people who complain about change don't get it. WW continues to evolve based on science; it just gets better. Closed minds that choose to be negative won't find success. If you are really ready, don't hesitate!

ETA: For those writing about the charms, the majority of people really like them. That being said, you are not forced to take a charm, nor are you forced to have your weight milestones celebrated in front of the group if you so choose. I also don't know why anyone would complain about celebrating others' successes in a workshop. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Honored Contributor

@LorelaiGilmore wrote:

I love WW. I joined in Feb. of 2017, and reached my goal (98.2 pounds lost) on Jan. 3 2018. I have gone on to lose around 10 more and have maintained below goal since then. WW is not a diet, but is sustainable and liveable. There are no food restrictions. As with any life goal, you have to be focused and the mindset has to be there. The program works, but if you don't follow it honestly, it won't. Workshop attendance (they used to be called meetings), helps a great deal. The people who complain about change don't get it. WW continues to evolve based on science; it just gets better. Closed minds that choose to be negative won't find success. If you are really ready, don't hesitate!

Congratulations on your sustaining your weigth loss, @LorelaiGilmore.

One think I find odd is the often-stated idea that of course the rich and famous can follow plan diet because they must have private chefs.

I seriously doubt that it's so difficult to cook lighter and more healthful. As you say, it shouldn't be viewed as a diet but as a permanent change in how you approach food (and maybe exercise as well, if you can).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland