Honored Contributor

Re: WOW ! nurses all across the country are very upset...

I think the most difficult nursing job is working with the terminally ill or hospice patients.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the unkind comment about another poster

Respected Contributor

No NoelSeven - me not brave my patients brave.  I can say I truly loved them all.  Spent many a lunch hour in the Castro with patients too Ill to come into clinic giving them a cuddle and singing with them in their homes.  Lovely, lovely people and I was so privileged and lucky to be there at that time and to help.  They were the brave ones.  Interestingly my DH and I were refused many rental apartments, at that time, when I put down on form where I worked, but I refused not to put it down.  We got a place eventually.  Nursing is the best.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

No NoelSeven - me not brave my patients brave.  I can say I truly loved them all.  Spent many a lunch hour in the Castro with patients too Ill to come into clinic giving them a cuddle and singing with them in their homes.  Lovely, lovely people and I was so privileged and lucky to be there at that time and to help.  They were the brave ones.  Interestingly my DH and I were refused many rental apartments, at that time, when I put down on form where I worked, but I refused not to put it down.  We got a place eventually.  Nursing is the best.

I was there then also, you were brave, my friend.  Too many turned their backs on them and would never have dared to cuddle them.

Yes, ma'am, nursing is the best Heart

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I was a nurse 50 years....wore my stethoscope around my neck hanging, , bell in pocket, sometimes the whole thing in a scrub pockets...whatever was comfortable.  But, Joy is an idiot and thoughtless.

Honored Contributor

Well, nurses, I have been typing with my mallett finger splint on, not an easy task, LOL, and I must go change the tape holding it on.

A PITA, A REAL PITA!

Much love and thank you to our nurses Heart

Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

I was a nurse 50 years....wore my stethoscope around my neck hanging, , bell in pocket, sometimes the whole thing in a scrub pockets...whatever was comfortable.  But, Joy is an idiot and thoughtless.

Nice to know, we love our nurses Smiley Happy

Later...

Respected Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Some of you need to watch the videos from yesterday and today so you can see what actually transpired.

I did watch the video this morning, I think Joy was questioning why she was wearing a stethoscope for the talent portion of the pageant. I wondered that too...until I heard the nurse speak and then it made sense. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched a clip and all I heard Joy ask is why she was wearing a stethoscope. It seemed like an innocent question to me. She didn't sound like she was trying to make or joke or criticize her. Joy did say she wasn't listening or know what was going on or something like that.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

JustJazzmom -I admire you working pediatrics I could never do that.  I nursed for first 10 years in AIDS clinic - the first one ever in S,F. in those days very few patients survived but I loved the job and my patients but I could not work pediatrics - great job JustJazzmom.

@Hats (and stethoscope, lol) off to you, @dulwich. That must have been a tough, scary job/time then. Brava.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all