Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOW - it is only 50 degrees this morning!

Love summer!! Holding on to it for dear life!!

Respected Contributor

Upper 50's in SW Michigan this morning and I'm perfectly comfortable in running shorts and a tee shirt. By the time I finish my workout and leave the YMCA at 10:30, it'll be 75. By noon it'll be in the low 80's. I love the cool mornings and warm afternoons. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Here in SW Pa. Dh doesn't want to turn on the furnace because we need gas bottles so I have on sweat pants, my nightgown, robe and a sweatshirt jacket.OK - it's not pretty , but I am warm!

I'm freezing here too in NC PA! Had to get a blanket out last night. We've had a lousy summer so far, raining nearly part of every day. I'm ready for a bowl of nice, hot soup today!

Honored Contributor

We have a nice heavy & warm fleece blanket that I put on the bed when I went to bed last night.I was sooooo glad I did. We were toasty warm - even with one window open - until we got out from under that blanket.

Respected Contributor

It's about 66 degrees here in the northern burbs of Chicago.

Trusted Contributor

Temp outside here this morning is 41,that is the usual Summer temp. in N.Idaho. Feels good as it will be another hot one later.

Honored Contributor

@spud188 I love the nighttime cool downs..they make for great sleeping and help me tolerate the heat of the day.Enjoy your warm day and cool nights!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

It is supposed to go up to 82 today but then get very cold at night again, for the next several days. DH just said he has to buy a gas bottle today and open up the registers so we can put heat on. 

Furnace in the mornings and AC in the afternoons!

What is a gas bottle?  Is it a propane tank?  If so, I don't understand why you don't already have one.

Because you stay in PA until the middle of October, I am sure you needed heat at night in your camper before.  We always keep our propane tank filled,  Once our electric went out and the refrigerator stitched to gas automactly, thank goodness. Also, I have never seen a camper with an electric cooktop, they all seem to be gas.  Do you have an electric one?

We also have a small electric portable heater ( a ten inch cube) that can heat up the whole place in a few minutes.  We use it when we only will be needing heat for a short period of time.

Respected Contributor

I love it (also in SW PA).  It has been so hot, humid and rainy.  Time for a cool change.

Respected Contributor

The cool weather feels so good.

I feel human again!

I was a mess!