Trusted Contributor

Re: WOW, heard the most unusual therory this morning on radio

@Cakers3 that is the report I've most frequently seen. I've also read that the EMTs who responded were partially to blame because they carried Jimi out with his head down and backwards which caused the asphyxiation.

There's a theory out there the U.S. government was behind the deaths of Jimi, Janis and Jim Morrison to stop them from "corrupting our youth" and promoting a liberal agenda. We'll never really know.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@Cakers3 that is the report I've most frequently seen. I've also read that the EMTs who responded were partially to blame because they carried Jimi out with his head down and backwards which caused the asphyxiation.

There's a theory out there the U.S. government was behind the deaths of Jimi, Janis and Jim Morrison to stop them from "corrupting our youth" and promoting a liberal agenda. We'll never really know.

@PilatesLoverThey are members of the "27 Club"- musicians who died at the age of 27.  Also known as the hippie 27 myth.

Considering the heyday of the 60's, I can think of other musicians/groups who would be far above Jimi, Janis, and Jim in terms of corrupting youth.  Which is total nonsense, anyway. 

Nobody would be left today if these theories were true.  LOL

The same theory took flight when John Lennon died, although he was older.

Buddy Holly, Mama Cass, Lynyrd Skynyrd-the list goes on how these were all threats to national security.

I think the ones who promote such nonsense are having LSD flashbacks, which are also debated as real or bunk.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

That has to be about the dumbest conspiracy theory that I've ever heard.

They were "corrupting the youth"?

Oh, please.

If that was true, then we still wouldn't be dealing with the K clan all these years later, because the govmint would've gotten rid of them too a long time ago.

Some people just don't know how to think, if they believe that load of carp.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I don't believe whacky conspiracy theories either.

They can be entertaining though. Smiley Very Happy I always get a laugh out of Star or Enquirer while waiting in the grocery line.  Mad Magazine was more credible.