Respected Contributor

Re: WOW, heard the most unusual therory this morning on radio

@viva923   This ‘theory’ came from a book written by one of Jimi Hendrix’ roadies named James ‘Tappy’ Wright book entitled ‘Rock  Roadie’ in which this so called murder is written.

This was described as a big lie by Jimi’s U.S. manager and evidently most people who knew and worked with Jimi agreed there was no truth to it at all.  As was posted who knows!

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you mean Jimmy Hendrix?

5B8E4D2D-255A-43CB-9485-E375728B22E4.jpeg

Jimi Hendrix

👍

Honored Contributor

Dulwich

thanks for explanation.

As I said I was just listening as  I was cleaning.

I just found this interview so fascinating. I had never heard of this theroy before about Jimmy Hendricks. 

He was a great guitarist. Loved his music.

Respected Contributor

Purple haze all around, don't know if I'm coming up or down...

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

Dulwich

thanks for explanation.

As I said I was just listening as  I was cleaning.

I just found this interview so fascinating. I had never heard of this theroy before about Jimmy Hendricks. 

He was a great guitarist. Loved his music.

Jimi Hendrix

Honored Contributor

Too scarey............I think I would change radio stations........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There had always been speculation about Jimi's death but not about his manager.

One of his girlfriends, Monika Dannemann, was the last to be with Jimi when he died. Suspicion swirled around her especially after claims that she delayed calling an ambulance and that she had given Jimi 6 or 8 tablets of her sleeping pills Vesperax (sp?), which has long been pulled from the market.

Adding to the Monika mess was Kathy Etchingham, with whom Jimi lived at the time he met Monika. 

Monika was found guilty of making false accusations against Etchingham that it was Etchingham who was responsible for JImi's death.  She was found guilty of contempt of court for failing to stop the accusations.

Two days later Monika was found dead in her car from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Although ruled a suicide, her long-term partner Uli Roth of the band Scorpions said it was foul play.  Which, in turn, put the spotlight back on Etchingham as the murderer of Monika.

It was the usual mess of the heyday of the 60's; drugs, sex, and rock 'n roll.

Whether Jimi took the pills which killed him (actually asphyxiated on vomit) or was given them on purpose or by accident, the only thing that has lasted is the memory of a superb musician, gone long before his time.

One roadie's accusation about Jimi's manager took wings and here we are today still debating if it was murder by a manager, by a girlfriend, or simply another drug overdose as it was with Janis during that time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

Not to go OT, but similar time and no real standards for detective skills / technology ect. Bruce Lee's  as does Marilyn Monroe and John Kennedy death has so many theory's also.  I believe that people got away with alot of stuff and still do, especially if you are wealthy or powerful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen.

Honored Contributor

If someone could prove that is was murder then the case would be opened. But that would be difficult to do I would say.