Honored Contributor

Re: WOW, WALMART EMPLOYEE TAKES HER JOB TOO SERIOUSLY

I have never shopped anywhere where a store employee checks the sales receipts against your merchandise as you exit the store. I would not shop at such a place that would waste my time like that. I don't think that would fly in my area either, we have open carry and that kind of practice might get you shot. Either people do not shop lift in our area or every Walmart does not have the same policies.

Honored Contributor

The guy who is stationed at the door of our Walmart is usually asleep when I leave so it has never been a problem. It's Walmart; keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. Speak to the manager but my experience has not been productive when doing so. Good luck.
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I have never shopped anywhere where a store employee checks the sales receipts against your merchandise as you exit the store. I would not shop at such a place that would waste my time like that. I don't think that would fly in my area either, we have open carry and that kind of practice might get you shot. Either people do not shop lift in our area or every Walmart does not have the same policies.

Gee, sounds like my kind of place.  Want to do a random security check on my cart?  Bang.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Just want to say, that I don’t mind if all customers are stopped at the exit and have their receipts and purchases checked out.  They do this at Costco.  

I feel it’s unfair when they choose random people to scrutinize, as the OP stated, and what I went through at Target. 

Do it to everyone, or don’t do it at all. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@blackhole99. Our Costco checks your receipt as you leave the store. I don’t go to Walmart so I don’t know what they do. Also, I try to avoid states with open carry.

Honored Contributor

That's not how shoplifters steal

Walmart wants you to think it's about shoplifters

@shortbreadlover wrote:

people shoplift like crazy that;'s why they have to check.  makes me mad but i do understand

Honored Contributor

I only get stopped if there is something not bagged in my cart.

I do self checkout mostly, I've gotten very clever at bagging everything, to avoid the waste of my time.

Valued Contributor

2c53va.jpg

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

people shoplift like crazy that;'s why they have to check.  makes me mad but i do understand

@software  What's it about then?

I go with a neighbor to Costco sometimes and it's really not local to us but the closest one.  They do check your carts & receipts there.

I haven't been in a Walmart for many years.  It's too far & not worth it.  

Honored Contributor

I've never been to a Costco but I do go to Sam's Club.

It's apples and oranges.  No one at Sam's bags their items. There are  no bags.

@haddon9 wrote:

@software wrote:

@shortbreadlover wrote:

@software  What's it about then?

I go with a neighbor to Costco sometimes and it's really not local to us but the closest one.  They do check your carts & receipts there.

I haven't been in a Walmart for many years.  It's too far & not worth it.