Respected Contributor

Re: WOW - Tony Awards show is amazing............

The TONY'S were great and showed the proper respect to the events of the day.  I stayed up and watched the whole show, great job!!!! My DS was lucky to get me tickets to Hamilton in November!!!!!  I can't wait! 

Respected Contributor

I would LOVE to see Hamilton!  What a brilliant play!

Honored Contributor

Being a bull headed dinosaur about American Musical Theater, I tried with every fiber of my being to dislike the show, and I folded like a cheap camera after hearing one SINGLE interview with Lin-Manuel Miranda. 

Even worse, I loved "In the Heights", his FIRST EXTRAORDINARY production as well! (How many EVER get ONE, much less TWO?!)

So in SPITE of my proudly cherished IGNORANCE, I was overjoyed with EVERY AWARD this amazing show won last night, and I can only say to those, who like me, enjoy wallowing in their own ignorance, LEARN ABOUT THIS BRILLIANT YOUNG MAN AND WHAT HE'S DONE!  If you do, you'll be ready to more fully appreciate what he does next!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I would LOVE to see Hamilton!  What a brilliant play!

I understand that a new set of tickets (not starring Lin-Manuel as he leaves shortly), go on sale today - if they are not already on sale.

If nobody can plan an NYC trip, but can get to Chicago, "Hamilton" is expected to run at least 2 years starting in September.  Tickets through March go on sale on June 21st.  And, yes, I have my calendar blocked for tickets - hoping to go twice.  I actually also just downloaded the album.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I was just reading the earlier posts about the Tony awards and realized a post of mine was deleted by the moderator for being political.  Wow, that is a first for me!!

-----------

That usually happens when you engage, which you did.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I am so glad that I watched the show, I don't really watch the Toni's.  I haven't seen the Broadway shows and the awards show tends to be a boring.  But last night's show was absolutely amazing!  I watched from start to finish but more importantly, I enjoyed it from start to finish.  It was an outstanding show and I loved that it was so entertaining.  And Kudo's to the host.  I know he has a late night show but I have never seen it.  What an talented and funny guy he is!!

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I was just reading the earlier posts about the Tony awards and realized a post of mine was deleted by the moderator for being political.  Wow, that is a first for me!!

-----------

Noticed ALL yours were gone also.......

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

-----------

Noticed ALL yours were gone also.......

Correct. However you seem surprised that you were not given special privilege while I know when you go against the rules it can and usually happens.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

After a long and tragic day, James Corden and others managed to hit just the right note for the show.  It was respectful without being somber, not an easy task.

Lin-Manuel Miranda is a gift.

Honored Contributor

Our (NYC) apartment is steps from the Beacon Theater.  Yesterday I moseyed on over to watch the Red Carpet arrivals and the out front performances.  I'm still in Heaven.  It was a once in a lifetime experience for me.

I saw Hamilton when it was in previews and have to say, back then I did not like it. Maybe it was because it was so different from any other Broadway show I'd seen and I didn't know how much rapping would be in the show. It gave me a major headache. I understand they've changed quite a bit.  I'm ready to give it another try.