Trusted Contributor

Re: WOW - Tony Awards show is amazing............

That was the most entertaining Tony Awards in years. James Corden was great.

Respected Contributor

I'm just watching now (still early in the show here on the west coast).  I grew up in NY and always have loved theater, but I have to admit the show is traditionally pretty NY centric and most of the country doesn't know who most of the nominees are.   But I love seeing the musical numbers!  And so far I am really enjoying James Corden.

Honored Contributor

"Love is love, is love, is love, is love!"

Lin-Manuel Miranda

WOW

Honored Contributor

It's usually a good show, probably the best 'awards' show of the year, but this year's crop didn't wow me enough to want to watch...

As for the usual partisan diatribe, it's to be expected, whether it should be or not. Depending on one's leanings, you can either embrace it or consider the source...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I was worried that the show would be either too somber or would be inappropriately celebratory and seem inconsiderate toward today's events.  I was impressed how the evening came off with a really appropriate balance of respect and celebration.  The love in the theatre seemed tangible.  The theatre community has always been so tight, supportive, and accepting, and they did well with showing how we are at our best as a country when we come together, work hard, and lift each other up.

Honored Contributor

First of all, there was no diatribe, and secondly, it's been a wonderful show 😃

Honored Contributor

I am recording it and watching. ADORED the opening number and plan to re-watch the entire show more than once.

Honored Contributor

Tony awards just finished on the West Coast.  Usually I give up about 3/4 the way through but not tonight.  It was great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just reading the earlier posts about the Tony awards and realized a post of mine was deleted by the moderator for being political.  Wow, that is a first for me!!

Trusted Contributor

This show was awesome - pure entertaiment beginning to end!  The opening segment was the best ever!  I sure wish I could see "Hamilton" but show prices are way out of my league but based on the 60 Minutes segment with Lin-Manual, I intend to read Censhaw's book.