Respected Contributor

Re: WOULD YOU MIND LOOKING OUT YOUR WINDOW AND SEEING THESE?

@Carmie wrote:

I actually like watching them.  They are so graceful, yet powerful.

If my electric bill was lowered considerably, I'd have one in my front yard.

Are you in an area where solar is an option? I have quite a few friends with solar panels and they often have negative energy bills. I'm in an apartment, so that's not an option for me. My old high school and others in the district had covered parking with solar panels installed in all of the parking lots and it's saving the school district over $100,000 a year. I'm trying to convince my company to do the same thing, both for the renewable energy and because I really want some covered parking, especially in the Texas summers!

campolindo-solar-panels

Respected Contributor

See the source image

As a rule, underground pipelines are not usually visible on the hotizon...until they leak.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft......when I posted about burying lines under ground I was talking about electrical lines.  But, gosh the picture just posted looks awful.  And awful.

Honored Contributor

Honestly. I think I wouldn't like it. Redhatcrank said something once, that has stuck with me. People were grumping about putting in more refineries.

Redhat said ,we are all one world, it can't always be in someone else's backyard, sometimes it has to be in mine.

I know she was right. I still wouldn't like it, but I know it's needed, and I would learn to grin and bear it

Honored Contributor

They kinda creep me out.

We're supposed to be getting them in OC, MD. You'll see them out there younder from the beach as part of your Ocean View. 

Respected Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@RoughDraft......when I posted about burying lines under ground I was talking about electrical lines.  But, gosh the picture just posted looks awful.  And awful.

@ShowMe  I wasn't referring to underground electrical wires.  I actually believe they're a vast improvement on the exposed ones above ground that are vulnerable to storms, falling trees, etc.  So I agree with youl

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I see these every day where I live, not too close but close enough. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

We have had them along with solar panels for many years in this area. They are fine with me. 

Our neighborhood is now more than 50% solar. After Hurricane Sandy destroyed most of the homes...mostly everyone rebuilt with solar. It was offered at a rate that was affordable so most people took advantage of it.

Respected Contributor

Speaking of solar power and living in a large city, it was a rare sight about 15 years ago, but just driving close to my home, I've noticed both industries, small businesses and private homes installing solar all over the place.  It's a good thing!

Regular Contributor

Wouldn't bother me.   There are a lot of these wind turbines near my hometown in western PA.  At least this is a renewable source of energy and environmentally cleaner than others.

Where I live in FL there are so many cell phone towers everywhere that can cause cancer.  Also many people live near those ugly electrical substations that also cause cancer.