Respected Contributor

Re: WOULD YOU DO THIS ON THE TRAIN?

I watched the demo on You Tube.

It was not a knife but a meat cleaver and do not think it was the least bit funny. What I observed was some nut with a clever on the subway. Yes, we see odd things all the time on the subway but this would have concerned me because it was a visible weapon being used by some nut and who knows what could happen.

I had responded about this before but when I saw the video I still have the same reaction.

Artistic license, baloney.

Respected Contributor

Wow, look at the looks that woman is getting from the guys beside her.   I do think these were staged for a purpose.

Honored Contributor

There was a time when people would never do something like this.  Why are more people being rude and making it all about them...them..them?  Easy,

No one ever says anything TO THEM.  They continue to get away with it.  Everyone TALKS about how rude people are becoming but that's all they do, just stand there with open mouths.

I'm the person who'll walk over and tell them they are being inconsiderate to others, etc.  I've confronted people before.  It's not like I track down a speeder or something but here's an example:

Several months ago my friend and I were eating at a Chipolte.  A woman pulls up and literally runs to get in line.  My friend and I are sitting at the window inside.  I can see a boy (around 14) sitting in the passenger side.

The line was long so it took awhile for to get through.  There were many parking spaces right up front but she chose to park in one of the two handicap spaces, I was in the other one.

She did not have a handicap thing hanging on her mirror nor did she have a license plate with the handicap insignia on it.  It was obvious, she was just in a hurry and chose to park there.  

The young boy could see my friend and myself through the window and I pointed to the handicap sign and to their car.  He got the message.  I got out my camera and he could see me taking a close up picture of the car and everything.  In the picture you couldn't see his face so I wasn't worried about him getting in trouble.  It was the driver I was after.

She goes running out (I mean really jogging) to her car.  As soon as she touched the handle I could see him telling (pointing, etc) and (I assumed telling her what I'd done).  She comes flying in and stands over me and my friend (the place was packed) and starts cursing and yelling at me.  She said (paraphrasing), "I have a handicap sign but left it at home"...  I said, "Well, there were other places you could have parked".  Not once did she say she had a physical problem or anything.  She just kept saying I was a B and on and on.  I just sat looking at her making a fool of herself.

You see, no one ever says anything to these people who think they're special.  They think they have a right to do anything THEY want to.  Screw you and your rights.

The sad thing is that these people act this way because WE (the public) allow them to act like this.  They know others won't confront them, so they continue to do it.  In these cases in the pictures, a group of people would confront this person, they wouldn't do it again.  But everyone is afraid to say anything.  I'm not talking about afraid for their lives (these days I admit, you must be very careful, for sure).

I know, I have heard it, 'these days people will shoot you'.  Sure, you must access the situation, but come on, does it look to you like these people are carrying  gun, besides if you never do anything they will continue this behavior.  Either do something or don't complain, plain and simple.

Trusted Contributor

NO!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Maybe...Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

No, I wouldn't but it would be fun if I saw it. 

It would make me laugh.

Honored Contributor

If I was starving and feeling lightheaded, I would eat a snack or a sandwich if I had it.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

"Would you do this on the train?"

When you read the title, was anyone else mentally transported

back to 1983 via "Risky Business?" OhYeah...

Need to watch that movie again w/ my babe.

@sidsmom

nope......actually, i was thinking "DR SEUSS." LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just think about the sanitary issue and Im sure the trains aren't cleaned that well.....and I can picture people coughing and sneezing and sitting or standing close to you while you are trying to eat!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Image result for laughing cat gifs

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66  Can I vote for you and would you please take the job?  HeartHeartHeart on your post.

I have no problem calling out bad behavior either as witnessed on a few of my threads lately.  No excuse for being intentionally rude or discourteous and people only get emboldened when there are no reactions to their bad behavior.

I'm fine with the guy and his tray table because he's just being an idiot with plenty of space around him but the girl and this whole stunt/prank culture, I have zero time for.