Esteemed Contributor

I'm Just Me

I'm not perfect, I'm me.  I've made bad decisions and

wrong choices, but I'm me.  I've said the wrong things.

I've said the right things, because I'm me.  I've loved

the wrong people and trusted the wrong people and I'm

still me.  If I had a chance to start again I wouldn't.

Why?  Because I'm me.  There are a lot of good things

about me, you just need to look past the imperfections

to see what's right.  If you can't do that than it's your loss.

I'm the best I can be.

I am ME

----------

If I ever tell you about my past, it's not because I want you to feel sorry for me but so you can understand why I am me.

----------

When a child tells you they feel uncomfortable around 

someone, pay attention.

----------

When I shut down I shut ALL the way down.  I don't want to talk, I don't want to be surrounded by people, I don't want to answer the phone, I don't want to be bothered, just let me go through what I have to go through and I will be alright.

----------

Don't play games, don't lower your standards, the best revenge is silence while walking away.

...for good...

----------

THINGS WE CAN'T BUY

Time  Happiness  Friends  Dreams

Hope  Love  Health

----------

Hardest pill I ever had to swallow was learning that no matter how good you can be to someone, no matter how much you love them, they can and will turn their back on you and there's  absolutely nothing you can do but stand tall and keep moving forward.

----------

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.  Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

----------

I was born to be your Mom, I may have given you life but honestly you helped me find mine.

----------

I don't care how hard life gets, we don't expose our friends business when we fall out!!

#That's Law

----------

OMG, I'm rich!

Silver in the hair,

Gold in the teeth,

Crystals in the kidney,

Sugar in the blood,

Lead in the butt,

Iron in the arteries,

and an exhaustible

supply of natural gas.

I never thought I would

accumulate so much wealth!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Thank you for your post~ Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma Thank you for your post~ Heart

You are welcome, it was my pleasure.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I just emailed it to myself... It makes me smile reading it!!! Thank you again~ Smiley Happy Heart

Respected Contributor

These are very insightful and inspiring words to ponder @Lindsays Grandma...Thanks for Sharing!

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Thanks for sharing...

I really like one statement the most:

"If I ever tell you about my past, it's not because I want you to feel sorry for me but so you can understand why I am me."

Sometimes I feel like I share too much about myself in these forums and this is how I feel about it Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma I just emailed it to myself... It makes me smile reading it!!! Thank you again~ Smiley Happy Heart

If you feel like taking the time I posted a number of these, Words, More Words, etc., when you check one I believe all of the titles come up.  Good idea e-mailing it to yourself, I think I am going to do that with all of them that I posted. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

"If I ever tell you about my past, it's not because I want you to feel sorry for me but so you can understand why I am me."

Sometimes I feel like I share too much about myself in these forums and this is how I feel about it Smiley Happy

A lot has changed since you and I first signed up here, not the same.  Maybe it isn't a good idea to give out too much info about yourself, one has to be careful what they post, a lot of negativity.  I'm glad you found one favorite you can relate to. Heart

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

Thanks for this post,http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Happy-Sunday-Photo.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

A lot has changed since you and I first signed up here, not the same.  Maybe it isn't a good idea to give out too much info about yourself, one has to be careful what they post, a lot of negativity.  I'm glad you found one favorite you can relate to. Heart

Thank you @Lindsays Grandma. I was drawn the most to the same one as @Susan Louise . I have made a point of not sharing too much about myself because of several negative encounters on other message boards. This year I'm going to try and change that - particularly when I know someone else could benefit from my relaying something which I have already experienced. 

Happy Sunday All!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.