Trusted Contributor

Re: WORD TO THE WISE IF YOU HAVE A WASHING MACHINE

Speed Queen is very expensive brand.  Always has been, but not made as well these days as in the past -- that's true of everything.  Still, if you're a younger family doing like 15 loads a week, the cost might be worth it.  Can't see spending that much if you're a senior doing 3 loads a week.  You can buy 3 washers over time for the cost of 1 Speed Queen.  Just depends on needs.

Trusted Contributor

my niehbor had a washing machine that needed to be repaired.  hecalled a repairman and the guy told him that he would never buy a new2 on e.  when he needs a new washer or dryer he will buy one used.  they  make them too cheap and they are just jumk.  it is well worth hav ing an older one repaired because they are built to last

Honored Contributor

I never buy warranties on anything.

Honored Contributor

only one that stood by me was the one I bought on my recumbent bike from Academy have had it for yrs. and it started jamming up on me. Called the no hassle customer service, they sent man out he fixed it for Free .

Just said when it poops out again best to buy a new one (250 .00 Pro Form) and start over.

I will if I can keep doing my 25 miles a week.  I'm old bird LOL

as long as I'm watching TV I lose track and don't mind I'm pedaling

Got great legs though........ROFL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

how can a SHARKE have great legs? Smiley TongueRobot LOL LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I never buy extended warranties.  But, I agree about things not lasting as long.  My dryer had to have a new motherboard right after the warranty expired.  Didn't cost a whole lot though.  I had to help the repairman get the front cover off.  Those things are made to be put together, but not taken apart.  Then, the knob broke, but I was able to find that part online and replace it myself.  

When we got our new fridge the installer told us not to expect it to last as long as the one it was replacing.  

Valued Contributor

Not bragging or anything, but my clothes dryer, I purchased over 30 years ago from JCPenney's is still working. The matching washing machine, I replace about 7 years ago.

These days large appliances life span is very short.In fact from televisions, to stoves you are lucky to get 5 years without any issues.

Contributor

I bought a Speed Queen washer and dryer in 2011 and it has never given me a bit of trouble.

It is the model with the water saver built in, but you can manually add more water if you need to.

I recommend this brand 100%. I lilke tha fact it doesn't have electronic sensors etc. etc.

Just a plain washer and dryer that washes well.