Honored Contributor

Re: 🇺🇸WOO HOO, the start of the summer season...☀️

It is an individual decision on how one wants to observe the holiday.  I will fly the flag.  I will thank the lawd above for this country and all the freedoms we have.  I will observe silence for those who have fallen.  I will be happy that I had my brother on this earth ....until his death in 2009.....he served.  Period.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most people who lost someone are not feeling happy but they don't expect everyone around them to wear a black armband and mourn for a day.

I just lost my BIL last week, he and I were very good friends for decades. A proud member of the US Navy, he is to be buried in a military cemetery. 

We are asked to remember those who gave their lives for us, like my GGGrandfather in the Union army who died of war wounds.  Remember, not pretend to wear sackcloth and feel superior to those who don't.

Respected Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Most people who lost someone are not feeling happy but they don't expect everyone around them to wear a black armband and mourn for a day.

I just lost my BIL last week, he and I were very good friends for decades. A proud member of the US Navy, he is to be buried in a military cemetery. 

We are asked to remember those who gave their lives for us, like my GGGrandfather in the Union army who died of war wounds.  Remember, not pretend to wear sackcloth and feel superior to those who don't.

@Noel7  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL.  Please take care and I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Noel7  I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your BIL.  Please take care and I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Thank you, @pitdakota .