Valued Contributor

WNY batten down the hatches again!

Last time it was thunder and lightening with the constant snow and our snowblower was broken, I have a bad back, my dh just hurt his and we were stuck for 3 days with no one to shovel us out- The snowplows went by and now we can't see across the street because there was no where else to put it--but finally our kids have been taking turns digging us out - after they shoveled themselves out and ( still) and at least the UPS guy can get to us!

Now we might be getting more-Usually we deal really well with the occasional freak lake effect storms but this time our officials weren't prepared at all and a lot of people are really ticked off ( especially the ones that got caught for 12 hours on the thruway!!!) Many people came out of their homes to trek to the cars and take food and offer shelter ( or even potty facilities) I hate the really below norm temps ( especially when your nose hairs freeze!lol!) but all in all our winters havent' been so bad as the weather channels and networks say---- this year might be different though! Hope not. Well, gotta go shovel a path for the dog to get out even with my back --- SEE YA!