Trusted Contributor

Re: WM has completely stocked for everything you might need for holidays

I think how well-stocked stores are now depends upon where you live. Last week at our super WM, the entire lunch meat and bacon/ sausage section was almost empty; maybe two or three packages total. The Christmas stuff has been stacked to the ceiling in WM since right after Labor Day. I see no shortage of anything at all there. Since WM orders so much merch each year, they were probably ahead of the slowdown. Hobby Lobby here has absolutely no more fall or harvest items; it's all gone now and now the store is all Christmas and Hannukah. My sister who lives in Cleveland said her WM, which is a smaller one, has a few Christmas things but it seems to just be trickling  in now. I think there is no reason to panic about Christmas things. We will all be just fine. Use what you already have and add to it if you happen to see new things later. Remember to be thankful for your family and the true reason for Christmas...it isn't about things sitting in a container in the ocean. 

Honored Contributor

I think what I see is pretty much the stock fluctuations I always see.

Right now, we're careening into three big holidays in three months.  Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas items are also in stores so some aisles looked crammed with merchandise.  

I've stocked up a little on the basics, but not everything.  

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I've read posts here regarding "bare shelves" and finding food products, I went to the Super WM today and the middle aisles are filled with everything from stuffing mixes to baking essentials.

I don't need any of these things but did pickup 4 cans of cranberry sauce .. I use it all year.  

I even saw the holiday home decor (sorry no BHG dishes) but everything from serving to baking is starting to make its way ...Halloween/Fall is moving fast ...

Prices did not look like they increased ...that's a good thing🙂

(of course, went there for long sleep pants for spouse that they didn't have🤷‍♀️)

@homedecor1   There is no shortage here in Florida.  Went to several stores yesterday and everything is full.   The Pandemic is not the problem is it no workers to unload.  Yes, our Walmart just remodeled  Super Walmart and it is just beautiful and fully stocked.  I had a blast shopping yesterday.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kitcat51 wrote:

It all depends where you live...it's not the same everywhere.

@kitcat51 

Of course, should have mentioned 😉 I'm in Tampa area.  Most likely that's why I didn't find spouses pants he likes ..."winter" clothes only "he" needs😉

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

It all depends where you live...it's not the same everywhere.

@kitcat51 

Of course, should have mentioned 😉 I'm in Tampa area.

You guys are close to me.  I am also close to Tampa.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

let me know how many bags you need...our WM had a big display of all different PF stuffing mixes..I'd be happy to send you some😉😉🙂🦃🦃

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   Thanks, I'm sure they'll have it shortly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I picked up a grocery order from Walmart yesterday morning.  For once, they had everything I ordered.  They did not have Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix so I couldn't order it. 

@Kachina624    just use stale tore up bread let your bread sit out in the air let it dry out, add onions, celery, sage, pepper, diced up chicken,  can of campbells cream  of chicken , couple of eggs, get it all moist, put in slow cooker or bake in round sprayed pan in oven. If gets dry, wet it a little with can of chicken broth.  Better then that store stuff.

@SharkE    What I do is make something similar to what you describe bit I add a roterisse chicken, diced plus I use cornbread.  That way you have your poultry + dressing all in one pot.  It's amazing the shortcuts you devise when cooking for one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I picked up a grocery order from Walmart yesterday morning.  For once, they had everything I ordered.  They did not have Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix so I couldn't order it. 

@Kachina624    just use stale tore up bread let your bread sit out in the air let it dry out, add onions, celery, sage, pepper, diced up chicken,  can of campbells cream  of chicken , couple of eggs, get it all moist, put in slow cooker or bake in round sprayed pan in oven. If gets dry, wet it a little with can of chicken broth.  Better then that store stuff.

@SharkE My family recipe except we use all cornbread, no eggs and cream of mushroom soup!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

I've read posts here regarding "bare shelves" and finding food products, I went to the Super WM today and the middle aisles are filled with everything from stuffing mixes to baking essentials.

I don't need any of these things but did pickup 4 cans of cranberry sauce .. I use it all year.  

I even saw the holiday home decor (sorry no BHG dishes) but everything from serving to baking is starting to make its way ...Halloween/Fall is moving fast ...

Prices did not look like they increased ...that's a good thing🙂

(of course, went there for long sleep pants for spouse that they didn't have🤷‍♀️)

@homedecor1   There is no shortage here in Florida.  Went to several stores yesterday and everything is full.   The Pandemic is not the problem is it no workers to unload.  Yes, our Walmart just remodeled  Super Walmart and it is just beautiful and fully stocked.  I had a blast shopping yesterday.  

@BalletBabe 

This is the truth ...no workers.  Our WM is now basically  self checkout (which I don't mind ) unless you want to wait in line 10+ deep waiting in 1 of 3 cashier line.  They just remodeled ours too -- normally go to Neighborhood WM --I could have done some "damage" in there, Marshall's & Target🙄

Even travel is a nightmare -- my son just spent 13 hours from 6am flight canceling to get home (at 10:45 pm) , 2 hours on hold with airline only to get new employee who couldn't help him get on another flight (few agents at airport) & worse SW has no idea where his luggage is🤦‍♀️.  He's a semi professional fisherman and that stuff isn't cheap...guess he will be on phone tomorrow...

It's gonna be lots of "patience" and more during the upcoming holiday season🙂