Honored Contributor

Re: WM has completely stocked for everything you might need for holidays

@homedecor1 Wow business travel is hard in the best of times.  My husband never goes a day without mentioning how delighted he is not to travel now.  It was bad enough back in the day.  

There was one city he went to where they lost his baggage almost every trip and delivered it to the hotel at one or two in the morning.  Always.  

I think some of us will just be glad to have a holiday this year.  The Grinch story will hit home for some!  

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@homedecor1  and @BalletBabe 

Did either of you read the article/story by the young man (late 20's) who spent 3-6  months applying for jobs all over the Tampa, Sarasota, Orlando area and received 2 call-backs? Every job was advertising how short of help they were on the news, in the paper, online, etc. so he targeted these companies. His experience was EXACTLY what one of my sons and his friends have experienced here,and elsewhere in the US.

It was an eye-opener and very well documented. I forwarded the article to my in-laws in MD who forwarded to friends in other parts of the US; that's how I know that others are having the same issues with finding jobs.

Not sure if it was Tampa or Sarasota paper that carried it as I've since deleted it. 

@FiddleDeeDee   No I didn't.  Wonder why they would not hire him?   That is strange.  I don't recall seeing any help wanted signs here at the Walmart.  I have to go back up this week.  I will have to look.   Could he have wanted too much money?  

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

@Desertdi @Lipstickdiva   It would be interesting if we had a map and could list who had no issues, who does and where they are located. I wonder if a pattern would emerge?

@FiddleDeeDee   Paradise Valley, Arizona:   empty shelves, limited variety of items.

I'm in a suburb west of Cleveland.

Honored Contributor

My Walmart has never been fully stocked.  From its inception.

Trusted Contributor

Our Kroger has a big display of the PF stuffing mix now. I make my own, but it must be a big seller from the looks of the display.