Esteemed Contributor

WISE ADVICE PEOPLE HAVE RECEIVED

1.   If you don't follow your dreams, you'll work for someone who has.

2.   Don't worry about what you look like.  Nobody cares, they're too busy worrying about themselves.

3.   The persons to never make a mistake, is the one who never tried anything.

4.   My dad told me, "Don't practice until you can do it right, practice until you can't do it wrong."

5.   Someone once told me, when you fall halfway down the stairs no one ever says; "Well darn, might as well just throw myself down the rest of the stairs."  Remember this when you blow your New Year's Resolution and then just give up on them, or some similar circumstances.

6.   Well son, the funny thing about regret is..."It's better to regret something you have done, than regret something you haven't done."

7.   I can teach it to you but I can't learn it for you.  Made me really reckon with how I concentrate and prioritize my studies.

8.   In a particularly stressful situation at work, I asked my boss how he could be so calm.  His response was, "Someday, someone you love is going to die.  Then you'll realize that none of this matters."  That hit me like a ton of bricks.

9.   We take the time to treat sprained ankles.  It's the same way with minds.

10.   When I'm having a real bad day at work, one of my co-workers always reminds me... It's a bad day, not a bad life.  And it's true.  Makes me feel a bit better.

11.  One of the best teachers I ever had said: Live as if you'll die tomorrow, study as if you'll live forever.

12.   If you have nothing to do, pick up a broom.  Basically how I survived part time work.

To Be Continued

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

Re: WISE ADVICE PEOPLE HAVE RECEIVED

@Lindsays Grandma 

Thank you for what you post here. I may not reply to everyone you write, but I do read them, I am more of a reader than I am a poster. But these are so good. I especially like #8. It says it all. Thank you again. 

Respected Contributor

Thank you for all your wonderful posts. I look forward to them daily.Much needed.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy reading your posts and have 'borrowed' some of the quotes to send on to others!!!  Interesting how as I read, I say to myself  'that's true or I agree'!!  So many of the concepts we already know, but need a reminder. Thanks!!!