Honored Contributor

WINDS ARE NOW UP TO 175 MPH. DORIAN IS A MONSTER

I just watched a young news reporter on a local Florida station. She was in Nassau. She has no hurricane experience and she beIieves her photographer. He told the crew that they can just run into their hotel near the beach and they will all be safe. Nassau is in the path of the eye of the storm and they are getting a direct hit. This is an exceptional storm with high Category 5 winds. That means total devastation of all structures. Pray for the Bahamas everyone. 

Those of us us on the Florida coast can experience tropical storm force winds. Dorian is now so large and so powerful that all coastal areas from Ft. Ft. Lauderdale and northward could be impacted by TS winds and rains. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WINDS ARE NOW UP TO 175 MPH. DORIAN IS A MONSTER

Category 5 is a devistating Storm!  I’m in VA on the coast but not on the beach or in a flood zone. It should be a 1 when it  comes nearby.

There are huge old trees, some will be down, hopefully not on my house. My neighbor won’t cut her dead one. I told her that her insurance is responsible since it’s dead. But others will fall. 

I was here during Isabel that was a tropical storm and the area was closed to traffic, my son had 3 trees in his house, no power for 3 weeks. I had a generator. 

Now I’m alone with the dogs and like others have said, there isn’t a place to escape. To the Northern areas it flash floods. Plus I don’t drive on the interstate. 

My dogs and I will cuddle and I will pray for those in areas even harder hit than mine.