Esteemed Contributor

Re: WILLIAM AND KATE'S FIRST OFFICIAL JOINT PORTRAIT

The portrait is fine.  I always think how much "Wills" resembles his mother when I see his likeness.  Especially his smile.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

The artist did a wonderful painting of William - it was spot on.  With Kate I did not think so.  Her figure and face were not reflected as we have seen her in many pictures in different settings throughout the years. Her portrait looks like possibly a relative of Kate, but not the Kate we have grown to admire through the years.

Honored Contributor

@spiderw Something Camilla will not.

@spiderw wrote:

Dignified, stately, royal, the portrait is a tribute to a lovely couple.  Kate and William give class and graciousness to the monarchy.

Super Contributor

I realize this is a formal portrait but Kate without her dimples is not truly representing her exquisite beauty. I would have liked to see something of a smile as if they're  looking ahead to the future with positivity or perhaps gazing at their family with pride. Also, Williams jowls are a bit too large. In reality, he has a nice long, well proportioned face. I like the painting but I don't love it.

Respected Contributor

Done beautifully....depicts this lovely couple well!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

I never knew that about the bustline!  Thanks.

What happened to those kind ladies who worked in the lingerie department who knew so much?  Remember being 'fitted' when I went in.  I miss them.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Occasional Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

The portrait is fine.  I always think how much "Wills" resembles his mother when I see his likeness.  Especially his smile.  

I agree @MoJoV . 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The artist really nailed Will - it looks exactly like him.

I agree with others that said he didn't really capture Kate the same way. 

I'm not a fan of The Vampire's Wife. The dress is ok, I would like it more if there was no ruffle on the bottom. The color, though, looks amazing on Kate.

Respected Contributor

@BoopOMatic   Kate is wearing the Duchess of Cambridge brooch. The Cambridge Pearl Pendant brooch is one of Queen Elizabeth's brooches that has been in the Royal Family for generations.

It is thought that the brooch dates back to the nineteenth century and was possibly crafted by Garrard, a London-based jeweler.

According to the Court Jeweler the accessory was first made for another Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Augusta of Hesse-Kessel, who was born in Germany in 1797 and married Prince Adolphus in 1818 at  Buckingham Palace. Following her marriage, to King George III's son, the Princess then became the Duchess of Cambridge and this unique brooch was made in her honor.

The brooch is a large pearl surrounded by diamonds with another pearl and diamonds suspended from the main brooch. This dangling pendant is also detachable and the main cluster also has a loop which allows the whole piece to be worn as a pendant - so it can be both a necklace and a brooch.

Queen Elizabeth II brooch collection: The most important brooches in her  personal and royal collection | Guide

Respected Contributor

In addition to The Cambridge Brooch, Kate also wore two pieces of Diana’s jewelry in the portrait: the Collingwood Pearl Drop Earrings and the Nigel Milne 3-Strand Pearl Bracelet.