Respected Contributor

Re: WILLIAM AND KATE'S FIRST OFFICIAL JOINT PORTRAIT

Not a fan.  Don't care for their pose.

Valued Contributor

It's an unnatural pose.  Kate looks wistful, almost sullen.  It's unfortunate that it doesn't capture her warm, winning smile.  William looks fine, but again, rather stiff.  Wonder who or what they were looking at?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The portrait is beautiful -- I like the expressions on the their faces.  Will looks very tall and Cate's dress is lovely especially the color and I like how shadows emphasized the dress.  They really make a lovely couple.  The one thing I don't agree with is that the Queen made Charles next in line and Camilla would be Queen.  After the scandal with Diana, I believe Charles should step down and Will would be next in line.  Will would bring fresh, new ideas from the throne.  I, for one, would not look forward with Charles being King and I believe a lot of people feel like me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Kate's photography skills certainly depict them much better than this portrait artist who, I am sure, did it from a photograph and not a sitting.  I don't think, however, he captured the real essence of Kate.

The actual photograph that the artist used for their portrait:

The first official joint artwork captures Kate looking ethereal in a £1,595 glittering emerald gown by trendy designer The Vampire's Wife, which she first wore during a historic three-day visit to Dublin in March 2020 (pictured)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Stunning!  Kate always look so beautiful and appropriate.

Respected Contributor

I don't think this portrait captures Kate's vitality. It also makes her bustline look larger and saggier than the photo it is based on. She just loooks off. Will looks wonderful.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I wonder what is the brooch Kate is wearing?

I love the portrait. It's not supposed to look like a casual snapshot.

Super Contributor

I like her anniversary dress

Kate2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I love the portrait.  

Honored Contributor

Dignified, stately, royal, the portrait is a tribute to a lovely couple.  Kate and William give class and graciousness to the monarchy.