Honored Contributor

Re: WILL THE Q EVER PROVIDE COUNTRY OF ORIGIN ON GOODS "IMPORTED"????

I am doing my best to avoid made in China products.I find it very tough as there are products that say packaged in USA and other tricky wordings that means made elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

There has been a lot of discussion about this lately.   If the Q can list all the other aspects of the item they are selling, they can certainly list the country of origin.  They don't give this info so we will purchase and then undoubtedly not bother to send it back due to the high return shipping fees!!!  It's a vicious cycle.

Honored Contributor

Probably not.  They don't want to admit when something's made in China. 

Honored Contributor

They don't need to be specific.  Just look at what you get and it's as easy as A B CHINA.  Almost always.  It's somewhere that uses cheap labor and doesn't much care for workers.

Goods are expensive otherwise.  That's why few are made here in the USA.  It's catch 22.  You want people treated well and paid well?  Then what they make is expensive. 

You want a lot of cheap stuff made by disadvantaged people and child labor?  Then the price is good.  

Honored Contributor

Im not aware of any store (online or B&M) that provides that info other than on the tag.  Why should the Q be any different?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am used to not knowing country of origon, however I saw a promo for a show the other day that really upset me.

Some products make a version in the USA and another for the Q in another country. 

The promo showed a product being made in the USA but what they sell is made in China. 

I find this really truly deceptive. 

I have been a customer since the beginning and found this to be truly insulting and disappointing.

Respected Contributor

Q has the information of origin.  I think, yes, it is their responsibility to list it. As consumers we do have the right to know before purchasing.

And when an item is made up components from different countries, it can be specified as such.  It can say things like "Assembeled in the U.S. with parts imported."  Some companies will say things like, "Handle made in China, bristles in Germany".  It's not difficult.

Respected Contributor

I have half dozen of the some style and size shirt from Talbots in varying colors. They’re all imported but not from the same place.
Esteemed Contributor

An all caps OP about "imported" is really about something else.  Right?

If one is actually going to buy made in USA exclusively they are going to have their work cut out for them.  But go for it.

If this is a political swipe, then pull up your big girl panties and say so.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This is not a political issue.

This is an almighty dollar grab issue.

I guess it consumer beware.

The Q  of long ago was upfront and open and had real quality control. That company no longer exists.