Honored Contributor

Why do wig websites show the wig in only 1 color and little 1 inch swatches for the rest of the colors?

How are you to tell what the wig will look like?

So annoying!

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Trusted Contributor

@catlover  If you youtube the style you're interested in and the color there will be someone out there who made a video of their purchase.  

Respected Contributor

@catlover wrote:

Why do wig websites show the wig in only 1 color and little 1 inch swatches for the rest of the colors?

How are you to tell what the wig will look like?

So annoying!

@catlover I do exactly what @puttypiesmom suggested when buying wigs online.  Most of the time you can see other people wearing and reviewing the wig before you buy.  I also only buy a wig that can be returned without being charged a return fee.  I have a good collection of wigs that I wear during the different seasons of the year.

Honored Contributor

Yes, those swatches sure make it difficult to select a color. 

Some wig companies will loan you a hair color ring which can be helpful. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know how you buy wigs online --------you really need to be there in person to try them on!!! I went to a local wig shop and tried on many just before I started chemo----the owner helped me, gave me tips and even offered to style it the way I wanted. The only negative is that you can't return them after any alterations, but at least you can test out the size, color and style. Plus, you take them home right away and don't wait weeks to get them. Took my DD and SIL wth me and we really had a fun time despite what I was facing.