Honored Contributor

WIGS FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN LADIES

[ Edited ]

After reading posts from a couple of ladies looking for these I did an internet search with this same subject.

I found a LOT of websites with lots of choices and hope this is helpful to those interested.

One place I saw was wigs sis . com and a few others.

Contributor

Re: WIGS FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN LADIES

I haven't seen the posts you spoke of but I'm thinking the ladies may have been wondering if QVC will sell wigs that resemble hair types of other ethnicities also.  I am a mixture of ethnicities.  I have yet to see a wig or hair piece that resembles my hair texture on QVC. 

I am aware of many online sites that represent my hair texture but I've never seen any on QVC, so I don't pay attention to those and other shows that do not represent me or my needs.  That could be what the women were referring to in the posts you spoke of.  

Honored Contributor

@Latonya I am referring to a lady looking for " Different Wigs" or something like that. She and another poster were interested in wigs for African American women.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids I found the post.  "Other Type of Wigs" I think is what it's titled.  It asks when or if QVC will feature wigs for African Americans ... which is what I assumed it was asking because the wigs they currently sell is of one hair texture.  This texture isn't suitable for all hair types or even hair shades, mine included.  

There are many sites that sell wigs that resemble various hair textures but I think the point was if QVC woud consider selling wigs that are suitable for everyone.  QVC is missing out on a huge customer base as wigs are worn by a great deal of women of color.  

Honored Contributor

@Latonya ITA and I did mention they are losing a huge market. Likely their wigs aren't that great anyhoo!

Contributor

@Love my grandkids You are correctSmiley Wink. There will always be women who can wear anything and make it look good but a lot of the wigs QVC sells do not look good on most. 

Still, it would be nice if QVC inserted a few (or even one) options that appealed to women with different hair textures. 

Respected Contributor

The AA wig sites are so good I don't think the Q could top them.  However, the Q might try a basic AA style and an Asian one, too, for ladies who watch the shows.

Honored Contributor

@Latonya wrote:

I haven't seen the posts you spoke of but I'm thinking the ladies may have been wondering if QVC will sell wigs that resemble hair types of other ethnicities also.  I am a mixture of ethnicities.  I have yet to see a wig or hair piece that resembles my hair texture on QVC. 

I am aware of many online sites that represent my hair texture but I've never seen any on QVC, so I don't pay attention to those and other shows that do not represent me or my needs.  That could be what the women were referring to in the posts you spoke of.  

@Latonya @Someone should post about this need in the Suggestion Box. I think it's a good idea to gear some wigs to this market. 

Contributor

@Mindy D The woman who originally questioned QVC about this topic posted her inquiry in the suggestion box section.  I believe it will fall on deaf ears though. 

I was a consistent shopper for many years but my purchases have greatly declined over the years. I completed a survey that QVC sent me a year ago asking how they can do better.  I mentioned a lot of ways that they can do better including that they can try to appeal to their entire customer base.  I mentioned that they may argue that their customer base is mostly a certain type of customer.   That may be the case because when a group of people are underrepresented or not represented at all, they will spend their money elsewhere.  I respectfully went into great detail about this topic and won't do it again.  

Thanks for the encouragment MindyD and others. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

The AA wig sites are so good I don't think the Q could top them. 

@KarenQVC   Maybe not.  But the Q could invite them to sell their wigs on the Q.

==========================

Q is also lacking make-up products & vendors for WOC.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif