Valued Contributor

Re: WHY do you think............re: prison

I think that some people are just born with proclivities toward criminal behavior.  Sociopaths, pyschopaths, etc.

Respected Contributor

Re: WHY do you think............re: prison

I know a woman very sweet who worked for years as a teller but married a troubled man (lives in CA) and he was sent to prison under the 3 strikes and you're out policy.What she explained was just heartbreaking.

Her husband had finally obtained a good paying respectable job when a neighbor of theirs called the police and said he broke into their house and burglarized it. He said no it must be a case of mistaken identity and both him and his wife pleaded with the police telling them he was working full time telling them where and that it could be corroborated but the problem was he was deeply ensconced into the system, protests and pleading not heard by police or judge. He lost his job that he loved and now his wife had to rent out 2 of their rooms as she could not pay the mortgage by herself. Devastating and I believe them that he was innocent. He is up there in age and she fears he will die in prison.