Respected Contributor

WHY WON'T BACK ARROW TAKE ME TO WHERE I LEFT OFF???

New iPad  / QVC Board issue ???

I used to be able to got to a post and then back arrow to where I originally was to continue on the listing of posts.

Now it always bring me to the first post on the page where I originally was before selecting a post.  Then, I have to scroll down...usually it's the bottom of the page...to continue to select the next post to read.

Did something get updated on the forum?  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it the last OS update?   Any thoughts?

TIA

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Re: WHY WON'T BACK ARROW TAKE ME TO WHERE I LEFT OFF???

@jlkz wrote:

New iPad  / QVC Board issue ???

I used to be able to got to a post and then back arrow to where I originally was to continue on the listing of posts.

Now it always bring me to the first post on the page where I originally was before selecting a post.  Then, I have to scroll down...usually it's the bottom of the page...to continue to select the next post to read.

Did something get updated on the forum?  Am I doing something wrong?  Is it the last OS update?   Any thoughts?

TIA

No, you didn't do anything wrong.  This has been my constant complaint since the Board started. Often I am reading on the second or third page, but when I hit the arrow to return to the post, I go back to Post #1 as you do.  I've written before asking the Mods to fix this, but no help yet.  Perhaps it can't be fixed, but I am able to do this on other boards, so why not here?

Frequent Contributor

I'm on an iPad and my back arrow works.

Frequent Contributor

Love your siggy @jlkz!

Respected Contributor

@Marcail0825

Thanks.  I was at my college 50th reunion this week and noticed the Churchill quote in script as you enter the Hall of Philanthropy.  It is one of my core values.

As for the back arrow, it does take you back to the page of posts that you were on.....just not to the post you responded to.  Scrolling to search is so unnecessary.

I thought I was able to do the exact return weeks ago and then no more.  Then, the inability to correct replies surfaced.  

The more complex they make technology, the more difficult simple things become.

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkzAnd heaven forbid you have to search out something that has over 10 pages!  If you look at an item and hit the back button,  you go all the way back.  Then you click on each page individually to get to the spot to continue!

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

It's not that I am lazy: it's inconvenient and more than likely I will forget where I am.  LOL

Technology is supposed to make things easier so we get more done with less wasted time and energy !!!!!!

Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@ECBG

It's not that I am lazy: it's inconvenient and more than likely I will forget where I am.  LOL

Technology is supposed to make things easier so we get more done with less wasted time and energy !!!!!!

@jlkzVery well stated!  Maybe they'll get this one!....(sigh.....)

Respected Contributor

@jlkz Im on my iPad but I'm not sure I understand 

the problem exactly but maybe if you

post a thread in the Customer Care

board the Moderators will see it and talk to us

about this.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

User friendly was not high on the list of developing this site.