Respected Contributor

QVC's kitchen shows always show the host with an apron of some sort.  I look often in the B&M stores for a good coverage apron like the ones on the kitchen shows, but don't seem to find anything.

Today (on Q2)  the host is wearing a pretty floral apron.  I would love to find something like this on QVC, but nothing.  I would like to have more than one in either different colors or patterns. Tired of having to chase down a towel or wipe my hands on my jeans.  I know that at one time QVC offered ITKWD aprons, but I don't want that and didn't buy. I just want something plain, pretty and washable.  

Honored Contributor

Have you tried BB&B?  They usually have them.

Respected Contributor

Macy's.com

Honored Contributor

I'd google chef's aprons.  You probably have some kitchen supply store in your location.

Honored Contributor

I have several but I can't remember where or why I have them.  Probably picked them up when I saw them somewhere. I usually keep a towel on my shoulder to wipe my hands.  I forget it's there until DH wants to wipe his hands and has to find me. LOL

You might try some of the cookware or cooking websites, Vermont Country Store, Cracker Barrel, or Lovelass Cafe.  A lot of websites that sell kitchen stuff or food will have their own aprons.  Amazon may be good for solid whites or colors, or some with different pockets.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Crate and Barrel and Sur La Table would probably also have a selection of chef's aprons.

I am also a towel over the shoulder kind of cook, so I don't personally wear an apron

Valued Contributor

Yay, someone else likes aprons ,i have  many ,many, last ones i got on amazon really nice a denim one, sunflowers and 2 koi asain prints i loooove them..Only about 12 dollars used them  lots ... look on amazon you will  find many, Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

I personally do not wear aprons but I have purchased them as gifts at Sur La Table.  They have a good selection in the stores so you could check on-line.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks.  I'll try some of your suggestions.  I don't shop around a lot, and seldom frequent the many B&M stores around me. I don't drive a lot anymore - not restricted. I just know that if there should be an accident, my age would probably point toward my being responsible.  I will check Amazon though. I just like the good coverage that the aprons on the Q have and don't understand why they are missing this opportunity for sales.

Respected Contributor

I always see aprons at a local resale shop. I've been making my own for years. 

I've been trying to find oven mitts without silicone on the palm of the mitt. The previous mitts I had would crack in less than a year. I guess I'll have to start making mitts too.