Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Sorry that happend to you @GoneButNotForgotten 

Keep thinking positive. Maybe this was a sign to let your hair be natural.  Wash, blow dry if needed, and be done with it.  Carry on confidently with hope in your heart!

Bless you for your kind words and for NOT blaming me (even though I probaby deserve it).

Trusted Contributor

Living in gratitude has a powerful effect on one's life. You might ask, why not me?

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

Living in gratitude has a powerful effect on one's life. You might ask, why not me?

Nope; not now. Maybe I'll be in the mood later. There's nothing worse than trying to pretend to feel one way when you really don't. My attitude is to not fight the bad stuff; just let it roll over you, get it over with, and move on.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

I got distracted and wasn't paying attention. I did toss the curling iron; the smell was so bad I couldn't tolerate it.

@GoneButNotForgotten    Why me?  Seems like you answered your own question.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Weird things always happen to me when I don't feel well.  And of course, most of them I've done to myself.

Respected Contributor

Big Joanie--I really feel for you. Once health problems start occuring it seems like there's no end to them, especially as you get older.

PS: Seeing your name made me smile--it reminds me of an insurance commercial in which a couple just bought a house and they have a problem with "aunts" showing up. Very funny.

I love that .. " Aunt Joanie's Here " .....We love those commercials .. also " How

not to become your parents ....

Respected Contributor

This is the kind of thing that happens, when we're distracted with constant ruminations of unpleasant events, with concern that we will face even more setbacks. It sometimes can be hard to dig out of difficult times. I've been there, I can testify ... Lol.

We have to work very hard to not let the remnants of a bad year move into the next, and then the next. Try to be in the moment with all activities, without thinking about 'what's next.' Envision the 'next' as being positive and gratifying, instead.

Remember, to place yourself first in all activities. Just like on a plane, you're advised not to assist someone else, before putting on your own oxygen. 

So sorry about your hair. But, it's a stark reminder that you need to be more focused and in the moment. Nurture yourself.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year was pretty bad in a lot of ways and so far, 2023 is off to a bad start.

On top of all my health and family problems, the other day I was using my curling iron on my slowly-growing-out hair and I BURNED MY HAIR OFF!!!!

There's nothing worse than the smell of burned hair and it took hours--days--for the stench to dissapate. And it took a while for me to comb out the burned hair. This is the bad haircut I insisted on in November and I've been watching it gradually grow out. OMG, what's next?

Yes @GoneButNotForgotten There are many worse things.  If this is the worse thing that has happened to you, you are BLESSED.  It doesn't sound like you burned your scalp or needed medical attention.  These are good things.  If this had happened to me, I would just get a hair cut and hope for my hair to grow back.  Get some pretty scarves or a wig while I wait.

Honored Contributor

rms1954: no, that's NOT all of it.

I just don't want to bore everyone with the long story of the medical and health problems that have plagued my family for about the last 5 years. But it you're interested, I'll give you all the awful details.

I'm sorry for your troubles and I hope things are improving for you and your family.

Respected Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@Love to Run   Yes....why not me?  So true.  And then the Judds' song of Why Not Me? comes to mind, too.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread