Valued Contributor

Hosts are there as well, to entertain and for people to relate to different personalities-People become attached to them-purchasing just because they like the host in many instances-

That's what QVC was built on basically-

Not having hosts would never fly-

Honored Contributor

@makena. I rarely watch Q at all. I gave it up months ago except for a few shows that I watch on mute. I found the banter between hosts and vendors annoying. Also the hard sell by hosts was over the top. 

Honored Contributor

@silentgirl. Hosts did entertain in the old days, but now they talk too fast, leave out sizing info and too many times talk over the guest. I stopped watching. I certainly long for the way Q used to be.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7. So you don't feel there's an hour of repetition now? Products sometimes are discussed to dealth for 15 minutes & after TSV is shown, little time left for other items. 

If the hosts set the pace for the show, it seems slow & boring. Before you ask, no I barely watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@makena. I rarely watch Q at all. I gave it up months ago except for a few shows that I watch on mute. I found the banter between hosts and vendors annoying. Also the hard sell by hosts was over the top. 

@Shanus if you rarely watch and when you do it's on mute, then that's your choice so I don't see the reasoning for your suggestion. 

It seems that people who claim they rarely or never watch provide their negative opinions about the way QVC handles their business.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox. First, I did not get your post poofed yesterday. I assume the mods (& me) found it offensive. 

Secondly, this post is more of the same. I never asked to take over the hosting job. I would like to see them do what they need to do in a professional manner or Q find a way to eliminate their banter.

Honored Contributor

@makena. I used to enjoy the old QVC & would like to suggest ways to improve it so I can watch again. Meanwhile I have other channels when I want tv, reading and many other things to keep me busy.

Honored Contributor

@makena

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner here, for someone who rarely watches she sure complains alot

@makena wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus if you rarely watch and when you do it's on mute, then that's your choice so I don't see the reasoning for your suggestion. 

It seems that people who claim they rarely or never watch provide their negative opinions about the way QVC handles their business.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Shanus, I don't know that all vendors are versed in television presentation....I think the hosts do a great job:  they keep things moving. Many majored in journalism and they were prepped in college for this specifically. I can't imagine keeping up a conversation while wearing a headset listening for directions constantly-and have to carry on a normal conversation!

I think some viewers are just hypocritical and its ridiculous. If I am really interested in a product, I am more apt to listen to what is being said over who is saying it....if they are going to put that much value on who is presenting, maybe they need to be buying-anything!

This is an aside, but Billy Mays-the oxidant guy was never one of my faves, but I bought his product, and still do. I've changed: after he died, the stories poured out about what a fine, loving human the guy was-and was actually soft spoken....I smile now when I see those commercials. 

Poodlepet2

Regular Contributor

I started watching QVC in 1993 - at that time there were virtually no vendors. Hosts had to do it all. Try selling a product/products for two, three, four hours with just notes, no teleprompters and see how you do. In any case, the vendors, like Judith Ripka are an asset to the show, as she knows why she designed the ring, necklace etc. Some vendors need to be kept in line - there is a time limit for each sell, even though sometimes it does not seem that way. Some "vendors" - I am pretty sure are part of the QVC staff for the respective lines (Gary) for D&C for example.

If you do not like a host, a show, a vendor, thank goodness remote controls were invented, those of us old enough to remember when all sets did not have them...........

Or shop on line.......

There is only one host that I cannot understand her popularity - who wears leggins with everything and why - and if she is selling a line I am not interested in, hey where is my remote?

This household is not on Facebook and as much as I would like to find old friends, I now see it may not be worth it.

All of us who remember life before smart phones and the internet, maybe for some things we were better off then....... those of us who try to helpful and positive... stay that way please.